Inside Time.....

Name
James Stockton
Edit My Images
Yes
I was having a nosey at my Grandads pocket watch.

What do we think of this one? The picture was taken in RAW and then converted to jpeg, no manipulation what so ever has been done. Just a little sharpening when the image was resized and thats it. Havent touched the levels etc at all, not even cropped.

The watch was placed in a dark room on a black piece of card and I used a small torch for the light.

Can I have some comments please :D

221007MechanicalPocketWatch003.jpg

not bad
not bad at all!

I like it very much, the shadow gives it that little extra that a fully lit image would have lacked imho. Well captured(y)

Thanks guys. I'm quite chuffed with it to be honest :D

I had a few fully lit ones and compared to this one, they looked bobbins.

I think he has some more old pocket watches from back in 1922'ish. I'll see what I can do with them :D

I like the lighting on it, just my personal opinion but I would like to have seen the whole watch in the frame.

I like this a lot but find the cover a bit distracting so I removed it to make a simpler version. Hope you don't mind?
1773402888_8637052b0b_o.jpg

Very good, a smaller aperture will keep the backplate sharp all the way across . Be careful with it, it looks like a genuine Omega and as such will be worth a few quid.

I think I used F/11 so I think i'll give it another shot at F/16 or something sometime.

Ajophotog - feel free to edit it mate :) I'm not sure about the cover not being there, looks like something is missing? It shows where the light is reflection from too. Thanks for doing it anyway! :D

Back