Insomnia.

Since my diabetes diagnosis in December last year ive really struggled to get more than 2 hrs unbroken sleep a night even though im continually tired, i feel your pain, i need to move to New Zealand as theres lots more sheep to count over there

Gary it does improve, in time.

I developed Diabetes in 1990 (type 1) so nearly 26 years on it still has the power to 'reach out and touch' in unexpected ways.

It's still early days for you and the potential side effects come and go in different ways. I still suffer the insomnia thing and the tiredness aspect is often due to other physical imbalances linked to the condition. Ketosis, or Diabetic Ketoneacidosis (DKA) is a nightmare and dangerous. When I first started having insomnia full on, for me, DKA was suspected but only showed a few times so 'other' elements conspired to upset things and stressed me more.

Good blood/sugar balance and stress reduction has helped me, though lately the need to count sheep is back. Living on my own can cause some issues but my youngest son pops in and stays over and I have a SWMBO in my very bossy eldest Grand daughter who hides out at the house regularly. With them I sleep better AFTER they have gone.

Gary it does improve, in time.

I developed Diabetes in 1990 (type 1) so nearly 26 years on it still has the power to 'reach out and touch' in unexpected ways.

It's still early days for you and the potential side effects come and go in different ways. I still suffer the insomnia thing and the tiredness aspect is often due to other physical imbalances linked to the condition. Ketosis, or Diabetic Ketoneacidosis (DKA) is a nightmare and dangerous. When I first started having insomnia full on, for me, DKA was suspected but only showed a few times so 'other' elements conspired to upset things and stressed me more.

Good blood/sugar balance and stress reduction has helped me, though lately the need to count sheep is back. Living on my own can cause some issues but my youngest son pops in and stays over and I have a SWMBO in my very bossy eldest Grand daughter who hides out at the house regularly. With them I sleep better AFTER they have gone.
Thanks Steve, nice to hear how things improve for you with certain triggers (kids) ive struggled badly with chest and back pain for almost a month, was into work for a medical review last week and nurse said im presenting with classic symptoms of Pancreatitis, GP treated me for indigestion which i knew it wasnt, back in this morning to see him.

Thanks Steve, nice to hear how things improve for you with certain triggers (kids) ive struggled badly with chest and back pain for almost a month, was into work for a medical review last week and nurse said im presenting with classic symptoms of Pancreatitis, GP treated me for indigestion which i knew it wasnt, back in this morning to see him.

Pancreatitus is apparently painful. I have had it (apparently) but I do not feel pain. The islets of langenfars reside in the pacreas so as they produce our insulin (or not in my case), the Pancreas is a diabetes landscape of science.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancreatic_islets

Your Diabetes nurse practitioner is often the best source of advice and should be seeing you regularly. My son in law is a GP and he defers to the Diabetic nurses as that is their daily experience and expertise/skillset. Mine is brilliant and I email my blood monitoring results as a consolidated graph every 3 months. I find the regime works for me and my BM results are pretty much perfect for over 2 years now.

Stick with the regime. It does settle. It took me 14 months to get mine settled and over the years it can and has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride.

[emoji207] [emoji207] [emoji207] [emoji207] [emoji207] ......

I was awake an hour ago too.....not through insomnia, just my 1 year old waking me up [emoji42]

I was awake at 2 this morning. Not insomnia, just the gasses from a beans on toast lunch and a curry tea needing to escape!

I was awake at 2 this morning. Not insomnia, just the gasses from a beans on toast lunch and a curry tea needing to escape!

TMI

:wave:

still got it ad and t add to it had a camera down last week and found a hiatus hernia and barretts asophpgus, an ultrasound found a lump on my pancreas so having a CT scan for this next week as well as a gastroscopy, no sleeping pills work but i do sort of enjoy the morphene

Welcome back sleeplessness :(

:(

Been to bed but I can't sleep, I have a pounding headache, so I have now got up again.
Just thought I would check in, going to get a warm drink now. I will turn the light off :).

Been to bed but I can't sleep, I have a pounding headache, so I have now got up again.
Just thought I would check in, going to get a warm drink now. I will turn the light off :).

Night Night [emoji3]

Mmmmmm........ Guess my fellow sufferers must be getting some sleep, which is good of course.

Think I may head to bed to try and get some sleep myself

Wish me luck

Well I best try and get some sleep, off to see the trickcyclist tomorrow today and don't want to be as high as a kite when I see them
happy45.gif

Well was awake most of the night last night so must try and get some sleep tonight.

I am currently drinking Valerian tea in the hope I will get to sleep before morning. I wouldn't mind, but I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and I am tired beyond belief - having insomnia as well just seems to be unnecessarily viscous.

Back