Insomnia.

I am currently drinking Valerian tea in the hope I will get to sleep before morning. I wouldn't mind, but I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and I am tired beyond belief - having insomnia as well just seems to be unnecessarily viscous.
Coffee and toast for me, then back off to bed. Hopefully I can get a few hours. :)

Thought I would give this thread, a little bump... Don't suppose anyone else is up?
Already been to bed, but an unpleasant dream woke me up. Can't remember all the details now. o_O

Last edited:
I'm up John. :)
Just can't seem to fall asleep til gone 4am usually.
Good morning Gareth. Just finished my Coffee, not the best thing before bed, but hey ho. I am off to bed soon, and see if I can get to sleep. Hope you manage to get some sleep yourself. ;)

I'm awake too. I have a damn heart arrhythmia that wakes me up sometimes and, lucky me, Tonight's the night again!

Looks like I am in trouble, I just dropped something, and the missus has woken up. I best get back to bed...

Night all. :)

Thought I would give this a little bump, I might be a bit late. Woke up about 3.30am and could not get back to sleep. Got up at 4am :(

Probably not worth going back to bed now. o_O

Thought I would give this a little bump, I might be a bit late. Woke up about 3.30am and could not get back to sleep.
So did I! I was also roasting hot.

The insomnia hasn't been so bad recently. Since I had the relapse that led to the MS diagnosis a year ago and particularly since I got signed off with anxiety in the summer I've been so fatigued all the time that I've been sleeping a lot, but not the last few days and particularly not last night,

So did I! I was also roasting hot.

The insomnia hasn't been so bad recently. Since I had the relapse that led to the MS diagnosis a year ago and particularly since I got signed off with anxiety in the summer I've been so fatigued all the time that I've been sleeping a lot, but not the last few days and particularly not last night,

Reading these General Discussion threads including WAMT/WCMUT I'm struck by how many members are suffering serious medical conditions. I mention WAMT and WCMUT because there are posts relating bad/good news re all manner of conditions.

Reading these General Discussion threads including WAMT/WCMUT I'm struck by how many members are suffering serious medical conditions. I mention WAMT and WCMUT because there are posts relating bad/good news re all manner of conditions.
That is because we are aging and Talk photography has an average age that is knocking on a bit.

That is because we are aging and Talk photography has an average age that is knocking on a bit.

Yes..of course, you're right. I'm retired but I'm still surprised and it's obviously the way we have to imagine what someone is like..seems it's natural to do so. Maybe we knew someone of the same first name and go with that image. Some post a lot of photos,ie always out ..if it's outdoor photography of course..so you imagine they're not so old whatever the age criteria is for being considered 'old'.

Been to bed and fell asleep, but woke up with a jump. Can't get back to sleep, so it is up to get a drink and try and relax. Hard to sleep, when you have masses of things swirling around your brain. :(

1.45am back off to bed, and try again.

Back