Inspired by Sugimoto - another photo added

I like the concept. A quick google makes me think you need a less cluttered shoreline. :)
Inspired by, rather than copy of :)

I wasn't actually intending to shoot anything yesterday but whilst out for a walk in the afternoon the light just reminded me of Sugimoto so I rushed back, got the gear and headed out again. Of course by that time the ideal light had gone but still I very much like this shot, I have been trying to get photos of Morecambe Bay that I like for much of my life and I think, for me, this is getting there.

I very much like this shot ,After years of shooting wildlife i have now gone over to landscapes and to be honest strugling a bit with compositions .
I am not keen on colour images and prefer moody B&W and in my mind this limits my locations somewhat. Although images like yours give me inspiration to try something different.
As i live on the coast and close to the bay it gives me an idea of what can be achieved.
I have not really got any style of photography yet only B&W but as i said theese images give me ideas. Thank you.

Thanks @zorbo. Like lots of things for landscape you need the right light and that is mainly about time of day, time of year and weather. I think it does take a while to start to recognise when the conditions are coming together and there is a lot of times when I get nothing but frustrated although I'm sure there is plenty of that in wildlife shooting too.

One of the current photographers that inspires me is Mark Littlejohn, he is not a B&W photographer but he does often use a very limited colour palette and split tones his photos to get that look, if you haven't come across him it might be worth looking at his work. Also in a very different style is Neil Burnall who sometimes frequents this forum.

Back