Interesting light in the Lake District. (Edit, Colour versions added)

Name
Umm......................
Edit My Images
Yes
Few days walking break in and around Keswick, these two were taken on a walk over Latrigg, down to Threlkeld, and return along the disused railway line. Lighting was lovely, lots of great people to talk to, and some delicious cake and coffee to finish - what's not to like!

St John's Vale
by david357 on Talk Photography

Derwentwater
by david357 on Talk Photography

Did you say interesting? …some understatement!
Shot one is my pick for the theatre and the drama.

Lovely texture and mood in #1. I like the rays in #2 but some blown areas of sky distract. Nice conversions.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate your kind words. The first shot is my favourite, just a matter of waiting (and I did have to wait!!!) for the light to fall in the right places.

The second shot was more difficult, with a huge contrast between the sunlit sky and the shadows - I should really have bracketed and used frequency separation to better manage the light (or maybe HDR).

I like both of those David. The drama and depth in the first though is something special.

Cheers Adrian, I am not usually in the places where the best light is, so was quite happy to sit and shiver and watch as it moved around yesterday, amazing to watch and so glad I waited for it to come round to the valley.

Nice shots although I do prefer a bit of colour when the light is like that

I think I may have a drive out that way around sunset tonight :)

Lovely light David and a fantastic part of the world - any chance of seeing them both in colour?

Light and shadows in No1 are very dramatic.
The shafts of light in No2 make it spectacular

Hi Jeremy, I haven't done much to the colour versions as they were planned to be mono images, but I will try the shadows when I have some time. Thanks for the comment.

Thanks Neil, I can't argue with that, a planned mono that works in colour is good!

The colour are great but I love the mono versions more!! Nothing more to say that hasn't been said, well worth the shiver!!!

Much prefer the colour versions.....by an absolute mile.

Number 1 is very nice, and I actually prefer the B&W! Great tonal range to it.

Thanks everyone, your kind words are appreciated. Interesting to see how some prefer the mono, others the colour version. St John' Vale was taken with mono in mind, but I think I like it just as much in colour.

Back