Interesting Macro shot...

Edit My Images
No
To most, this is just a penny... to me, it's an exercise in trying to bring out subtle texture & details in such a small object. I've posted 2 versions of this, and find I like both equally. In particular, I enjoy the way the lighting captures the detail of Lincoln's bust and reveals the detail in his overcoat, in the first. And I enjoy the warm color of the photo in general.

macro01.jpg

This is the 2nd one... its a B&W negative of the exact photo above and like the contrast of B&W and the detail it provides. I just think it looks cool. :wink:

negofmacro.jpg

Regards,
Eric

Good job Eric :) I like the texture that you have captured here. Ususally you just think of a penny as flat and smooth, but as you have shown, they are not. While the first one is pleasing, and my favorite of the two, the second one is interesting because it brings out that texture more than the color one does.
Nicely done.

I like the first picture but the negative processing in the second, while showing a point is not to my liking. I see that you are looking at the ordinary in an out of the ordinary way, this trait will lend itself to you making some excellent pictures from subjects that other may miss.

Keep it up Eric [smilie=t:

Many thanks guys... and yes, Steve, I do agree
I see that you are looking at the ordinary in an out of the ordinary way
...and I also think I'm trying to look at everyday things that most folks just never notice and shoot them from a different perspective, kind of bring new life into what would normally be considered just everyday stuff :)

Thanks for the nice words.

Eric

Back