Interesting survey

Tringa

Numpty of the Day'
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a link to the 3M State of Science Survey -

www.3m.com/3M/en_US/state-of-science-index-survey/interactive-3m-state-of-science-survey/?utm_source=Nature+Briefing&utm_campaign=26855a4182-briefing-dy-20190424&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-26855a4182-43857369

I don't know the sample size but some of the answers are interesting.

For example in Q10 which was asking how much those surveyed agreed or disagreed with a number of statements. One of the statement was -

"If science did not exist, my everyday life would not be all that different".

25% somewhat agreed and 11% completely agreed. I find it amazing that over one third of those surveyed thought that science had little or no effect on their everyday life.

Dave

I find it amazing that over one third of those surveyed thought that science had little or no effect on their everyday life

I have to say I am not surprised by this, as Arthur C Clarke said “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” And I think this is where a lot of people are, they do not have the education and reference points to be able understand that “science” is different from any other form of belief, and so we get anti-vaxers, climate change deniers and all the rest.

Back