Intergalactic Communication

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening All,

I went out last night to watch the Quadrantids meteor shower and have a first proper stab at nightscapes / astrophotography. While I didn't capture any meteors I came away wit the image shown below. It's made up of 10 x 20 second exposures using a Nikon D7200 and a Sigma 10-20mm and then blended in Sequator and adjusted in Lightroom and Photoshop.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night and have found the capturing and processing quite a learning curve. I'll definitely be back at it again!

James

Last edited:
Hate people with clear skies.................... Nothing but cloud, mist, fog or any combination of the three here. Grrrrrrrrrr.........:(
Seriously though, that's pretty good. There's something around the masts which I'm not sure is an artifact or not, but nice capture of Orion with the Orion Nebula, the Hyades and the Pleiades. I think you're also seeing something of the clusters within the nebulae in Monoceros as well as some clusters in Taurus.
You'll wait months for the next clear night...........;)

Hate people with clear skies.................... Nothing but cloud, mist, fog or any combination of the three here. Grrrrrrrrrr.........:(
Seriously though, that's pretty good. There's something around the masts which I'm not sure is an artifact or not, but nice capture of Orion with the Orion Nebula, the Hyades and the Pleiades. I think you're also seeing something of the clusters within the nebulae in Monoceros as well as some clusters in Taurus.
You'll wait months for the next clear night...........;)

Thanks Jan. I know what you mean by the artefact around the mast, I think it's come from the photos being stacked in Sequator. If I'm being honest, the only bit of the night sky I really knew was in that photo was Orion, looks like I've got some reading up to do :D.

James

Back