Into the Blue

Lovely Neil
Worth viewing large on Flickr

I really like that - I am a sucker for clear blue skies though. One of the best shots IMHO you've got but aye- shame about the distracting gaps in the shadows.
I quite liked those, it's what drew my attention first and added an element of intrigue and interest.
To me they looked like the shadows cast by buildings behind, especially liked the long shard of light on the right imagining it to be a gap in terraced housing.
A bit disappointed to find they are sea defences but it doesn't matter, in my mind they are still seaside buildings. Maybe some guest houses, a bakery, a sweetie shop, a tat souvenir shop, all the things you associate with a seaside resort. Viewers perception is way more important than reality.
Maybe it harks back to past family seaside holidays, the best times.

Last edited:
I quite liked those, it's what drew my attention first and added an element of intrigue and interest.

Polar opposites man...

What grabbed me was the hint of reflection, lovely light and the textures in the sand and that there was not a cloud in site - bliss in my world. I reminded me as you say of walks along the beach as a little one.

Back