iPhone image printing.

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I have got a problem with an iPhone image I have been trying to print.
When I look at the image in LR it looks okay but when I attempt to print it the colours are terrible. It is of a chap cleaning up rubbish from around a memorial, on my screen the colours look okay but when it is printed instead of the memorial looking "stone coloured" the stones are green and generally the overall look is totally under exposed. Any idea's anyone.Baclup fromLR 5-5-2018 (1 of 1).jpg

A couple of thoughts about the image itself - your main subject is in the shade against a bright sky. I think you've realised this and tried to lift the exposure on the man's face, but to my eyes it doesn't quite work.
Are you woking from a RAW or JPG ? I'd try to balance out the exposure more rather than just doing it selectively.

Also, how high is the brightness turned up on your monitor ? Too high and you don't get a true picture of the exposure. I normally have the brightness on monitor about half way, and looking at your photo it looks quite dark.

Those things coupled together will produce quite a dark print.

Colouring seems ok on my monitor, what printer and paper are you using ? May be a miss-match on the colour profile ?

A couple of thoughts about the image itself - your main subject is in the shade against a bright sky. I think you've realised this and tried to lift the exposure on the man's face, but to my eyes it doesn't quite work.
Are you woking from a RAW or JPG ? I'd try to balance out the exposure more rather than just doing it selectively.

Also, how high is the brightness turned up on your monitor ? Too high and you don't get a true picture of the exposure. I normally have the brightness on monitor about half way, and looking at your photo it looks quite dark.

Those things coupled together will produce quite a dark print.

Colouring seems ok on my monitor, what printer and paper are you using ? May be a miss-match on the colour profile ?

Thanks for your reply.
On my monitor apart from being a little darker than I normally have the image looks okay.
As the image was DL into LR from my iPhone not sure wether it is RAW or JPEG.
My printer is a Canon P100 and the paper is Permajet Pearl with the correct Permajet profile.

Maybe double check you have t got a clogged nozzle? Are other prints coming out okay?

Another thing that can throw colours out I believe, is if you are telling both the printer and LR to manage colour.

Maybe double check you have t got a clogged nozzle? Are other prints coming out okay?

Another thing that can throw colours out I believe, is if you are telling both the printer and LR to manage colour.

Thanks I will check out your suggestions.

Back