iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

Just a simple tourist type Snapograph taken in Kent UK of the famous Leeds Castle.
I've deliberately added a bit of grunge etc during pp as it was such a dull wet day when the snap was taken.

iPhone 7 Plus, Handheld.
Leeds Castle (Kent)-03513 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.
I like your snap George but I hate Leeds Castle (and their dog collar collection, if they still have it) despite having largely grown up in Kent. I currently live within Leeds City Council area and too often when I put “Leeds” in a search box it says “do you mean Leeds, Kent or Leeds, Leeds?”, Kent being first choice offered, no doubt alphabetical! :mad:

It's been a long time since I did any Photography but here we go. Ruiton Wind powered stone mill. Near Dudley. I've been up and down the side of this a quite a few times on a rope, once strapped into a stretcher ! Home of Dudley Caving club and a Ham Radio club plus others I think.

B.jpg

A.jpg

@garryknight . I think you are haunting me Garry :). First you post post photos of shops I used to frequent (Old Compton Street), then a building opposite my Grandmother’s home (Rathbone Place) then my grandfather’s (and gg etc father’s) shop (Charlotte Place)* and now somewhere that is so like a temporary pond I used to play at near my Primary School — I doubt it’s the same one as it’s too generic (now in LB Bromley) but I was immediately transported there when I saw it :). Thanks!

*Flickr, not here I think.

@garryknight . I think you are haunting me Garry :).

Mwah-hah-hah-hah!

No, seriously, though. This happens a lot to me as well. If you shoot street in London and follow others who do the same, you can sometimes spot, to the nearest yard, where the person was standing when they took the photo. Was the Charlotte Place shop the newsagents on the corner? I've done at least a couple of shots which include that. The pond is not a million miles from Bromley, but it's permanent, and has been for at least the more than twenty years I've passed by it.

Mwah-hah-hah-hah!

No, seriously, though. This happens a lot to me as well. If you shoot street in London and follow others who do the same, you can sometimes spot, to the nearest yard, where the person was standing when they took the photo. Was the Charlotte Place shop the newsagents on the corner? I've done at least a couple of shots which include that. The pond is not a million miles from Bromley, but it's permanent, and has been for at least the more than twenty years I've passed by it.

No, it’s this one, looking South from Goodge Street to Rathbone Place:
View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/garryknight/49221490677/
(is it OK to link it here? I think you may have another on Flickr, in colour not with a phone cam). It’s a fairly popular place for photos, partly because you can frame the PO Tower in it.

My grandfather’s greengocer’s was on the right, corner with Goodge St, now a restaurant but it keeps changing hands since he retired pre-1960. I and my brothers used to visit it as school kids. I don’t know when the family members stopped living there though I know my great-grandfather had moved to Fitzroy Square by the time of his death.

Back in 1911 there were 18 of us in 3 of the houses, 1, 5, 13, on both sides and they had several shops, greengrocer, fruiterer, confectioner, all food related :).

There were 3 named “Richard” (eldest son tradition) the oldest of which was my gggfather born in 1836, just 100 years before me, and the youngest my grandfather :).

It wasn’t called Charlotte Street then but was know as “The Court”. It’s still residential because there are flats above the shops

“My pond” was a sort of crater on Hayes Common and mostly dry, we used to ride our bikes somewhat perilously down the tracks. I think it is a permanent pond now.

Hayes, West Wickham & Keston Commons are all part of the one Common really.

I wouldn't know that as I've never been from around those parts. I just know that it looks like a place called Keston which I had visited a couple of times.

Fascinating history, thanks. Yes, it's OK to link to my photos on these forums. I've got at least two from this viewpoint.

Thanks Garry. I think I posted all that because mostly we just see these streets and buildings as ‘masonry’* and forget the people and history behind them — unless they are rich or famous :(.

* slight in-joke there as all the older male generations of my family (not my parents) were Freemasons at either the nearby Covent Garden or Polytechnic Lodges, as were a great many of the Medical & other staff at the nearby Middlesex Hospital & Medical School :).

I wouldn't know that as I've never been from around those parts. I just know that it looks like a place called Keston which I had visited a couple of times.

I think you said you were from Tennessee and of course there is a tenuous but famous connection between Downe House (at Downe near Keston) and Tennessee ;)

I think you said you were from Tennessee and of course there is a tenuous but famous connection between Downe House (at Downe near Keston) and Tennessee ;)

I am indeed from Tennessee, I must admit though that I had no idea about that connection.

At this moment in time though I kinda feel I'm from the UK as because of the pandemic I've not been able to go back home or see my wife since February 2020. Its ok going back home but not worth the hassle getting back to the UK for my business commitments.

Holiday snap in Kraków

IMG_0488.jpgIMG_0488.jpg

Last edited:
Back