iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

A few from my recent holiday to the south of France these are from Montpellier and Sete. Taken with Huawei P20 Pro

1881962771.jpeg318362902.jpeg1964864176.jpeg

Last edited:

Ok so being predominantly a b&w LF film tog, I am a sucker for monochrome, but I have to say that I just love the contrasts in both these shots

Architecture being my preferred subject matter, the lamp and it's wall shadow would have me judging the sun times for a return to capture that scene on its own.

Very nice, thanks for sharing!

The latter. Using Snapseed, I try to get the best colour photo possible, then convert to mono. Applying a Vintage preset and a Grainy Film preset, both with adjustments, gets me the toning and film look that I like. I just wish the Black & White conversion allowed me to play with the amounts of individual colours, in the way On1 Photo Raw does, rather than just apply a "coloured filter" to the result.

For any interested Snapseed users, the Vintage presets I use are numbers 6 and 7 with a low blend amount and with the vignette at 0 (I prefer the main Vignette so that I can place the centre); the Grainy Film preset I use is X03 with the strength set to about 50; and for the Black and White conversion, the preset I use is the Film one. At least, these are the settings I'm using for my current crop of mono shots. This will change at some point.

The latter. Using Snapseed, I try to get the best colour photo possible, then convert to mono. Applying a Vintage preset and a Grainy Film preset, both with adjustments, gets me the toning and film look that I like. I just wish the Black & White conversion allowed me to play with the amounts of individual colours, in the way On1 Photo Raw does, rather than just apply a "coloured filter" to the result.

For any interested Snapseed users, the Vintage presets I use are numbers 6 and 7 with a low blend amount and with the vignette at 0 (I prefer the main Vignette so that I can place the centre); the Grainy Film preset I use is X03 with the strength set to about 50; and for the Black and White conversion, the preset I use is the Film one. At least, these are the settings I'm using for my current crop of mono shots. This will change at some point.

Thanks for the detailed info....Tbh I had never heard of Snapseed…..I'll have to take a look at it.

You can get it for Android and iPad/iOS (where I use it). There was also an older, less fully-featured Windows version, but they stopped working on that. I'd like to see versions for Windows and Mac that are at least the equivalent of the mobile versions.

Back