iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

It could be a long cold winter here in the south east of France.
A little white stuff that fell on the south facing hills Thursday night, just up the road from where I live.
More fell last night and indeed laid for a short while in the village.
No doubt the far northern side will have considerably more coverage...... Very soon the ski resorts will be opening :)

Adjustments.JPG

Do you process your images much Garry ? The last few you have posted look very film like ! very nice.

O.k I'm not sure if this thread will go any where but recently I have been taking most of my photos with my cheap Samsung phone mainly as when ever I get out and about I'm always doing something else ,Dog walking ,cycling , working, family stuff. Because of this I've started to become interested in how to get the best from the device I always have on me. Please feel free to post anything phone photography related ,apps ,add on devices, use of the phone ,processing images ,good videos and anything else really. There is already a place to post your images here Mobile phone photos

Here is a link to some one I've been watching lately.

Tim Day

Last edited:
Arguably the best app for shooting video is FiLMiC Pro. Versions are available for Android and iPhone.

I don't know much about Android camera apps, but for processing I always recommend using Snapseed. It's fast, easy, and can do most of what you might want to do.

For getting photos onto a PC or Mac, I recommend PhotoSync. It can be faster than plugging your phone into the computer, waiting for it to show up in Explorer or Finder, then navigating to the photos, selecting them, and moving them. In fact, once it's running, all you have to do is select your photos and move them. But it can do far more than that such as creating subfolders on the fly, deleting the originals, and a lot more. It's also usually faster than using AirDrop. There's a paid version and a free version, the main difference being that the free version now transfers photos in JPEG at a lower quality, although you don't need the paid version on the receiving end. The paid version is only £13.50, which is worth it if you use it after every shoot, as I do. PhotoSync is available on Android, iPhone, PC, and Mac.

Since I use iPhone, the rest of this is for iPhone users, so thanks for making this an open thread.

For processing video, Lumafusion is reckoned to be the best. I use it and it makes everything I want to do so easy. Occasionally I have to go back to Vegas on the PC, e.g. if I want to use masking. There quite possibly won't ever be an Android version, though I wouldn't rule it out. People also want Mac and PC versions, but so far nothing has been forthcoming. Lumafusion is easy enough to use on an iPhone, but I recommend using an iPad.

For shooting photos, I can recommend FiLMiC's new camera app, FirstLight. It gives you more control over the camera than the built-in Camera app and also includes some film-style filters, with more available if you take up a subscription. ProCamera is also good, and has a cheaper subscription model.

For processing photos on the iPhone, I'll always recommend Snapseed first as it's so easy to use, it's fast, and it does most of what you might want to do when it comes to making both global and local adjustments to a photo. Its main drawback is that you have to run Snapseed then open a photo - you won't find it (or be able to put it) on the Share sheet. As a good Lightroom substitute, Affinity Photo can't be beaten. Other good options include Lightroom Mobile, which also allows you to set Exif data while the others don't; and PixelMator which is a good rival to Snapseed.

pears 1 by geof worrall, on Flickr

this is from my moto 4...android cheapy
its the only mobile phone i have...!!..its the focus which gets me...ie there is none..
my daughter has a great phone with a really dedicated camera fitted..but too pricey for me
?? is there also another thread on this or is this one different ??
cheers
geof
ps..i email them to myself then use LR/PS2

Last edited:
Back