iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

I've been playing with snapspeed !

Ghostly hound
ghostdog.jpeg

And kids baking looking like they are on film
kids.jpeg

Last edited:
Have any of you played with any of the retro photos apps ? I've used a few to replicate old film cameras and film ,personally I quite like some of the retro effects.
What do you think of them ? Not retro but I have also used 3d apps and Long exposure apps with to my eye nice affects.

I guess you mean the gorilla skull just off the path to the RHS that’s clearer in the monochrome but no, I can’t see it :D.

No,I see one in 1st tree left hand side,or are those woodland mushrooms I ate actually not to be eaten??

Theyr‘re everywhere, skulls I mean. I did look at your ‘mushrooms’ first but I can’t see a skull there. The one I see (probably leaves) is about where the lower and right ‘rule of thirds’ lines would intersect, it’s lying on its LHS :).

I did a little range test today of Blue tooth shutter that I have had for a while (£1.69 from eBay) thought you may like to see the results. I have had this for sometime so the battery may not be at it's best ! I basically walked away from it and pressed the shutter to obtain max distance.

4.jpg

First things first I know what your thinking and I think there are two options, option one is how did he get this glamour model to pose for him ? He must be loaded and option 2 this blokes an idiot ! The range at a rough guess was about 40 foot which I thought was not too bad but I have found that this shutter button only works with the native camera app. not bad for a few quid.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
Mine looks the same and has “Camera 360” on it like yours. The make is Camkix but I’m sure I pad a bit more (£5??) from Amazon. The main button works with at least some Android phones too. But mine woks with 3rd party apps like Camera+ too. Not sure abou range like you are testing but I’ve found it indispensable when you are trying to make a record snap of something fairly inaccessible and can only use one hand.

Another random one ! I built this out of scrap materials as a temporary solution to a dog housing problem I have.

kennel.jpg

One from today, xiaomi 9T proIMG-20191208-WA0002.jpeg

Hi Garry, are you using the native phone camera app, or something else? What are you using to process these images, they are really impressive. I have a Iphone 11 pro max coming this week, and would be very happy to be able to produce something like these. :)

Hi Garry, are you using the native phone camera app, or something else? What are you using to process these images, they are really impressive. I have a Iphone 11 pro max coming this week, and would be very happy to be able to produce something like these. :)

Butting in on this post, two cell phone apps for photography that are well worth getting are "Pro Camera" & "Camera Plus", I find them both very good with a lot more control than the native camera app. "Snapseed" for PP work is very good.

I'm sure Garry won't mind me butting in on this post and I expect he will also have something that he uses as well as he's an absolute mind if information on this sort of thing and has usually got something up his sleeve so to speak.:):)

George.

Thanks for your kind comments, Rick. I was asked this question earlier in the thread and also in the Black and White thread. See my replies there - the last two posts on this page:
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/lets-see-your-black-and-white-photos.517279/page-131
With an 11 Pro Max you should be able to reproduce this way of working fairly easily.

Butting in on this post, two cell phone apps for photography that are well worth getting are "Pro Camera" & "Camera Plus", I find them both very good with a lot more control than the native camera app. "Snapseed" for PP work is very good.

I'm sure Garry won't mind me butting in on this post and I expect he will also have something that he uses as well as he's an absolute mind if information on this sort of thing and has usually got something up his sleeve so to speak.:):)

George.

Mostly just one of those magicians' endless strings of handkerchiefs, George.

I've got ProCamera and quite like it. Camera Plus looks good but I haven't tried it yet. Another one I use is Firstlight, by the people who made the FiLMiC Pro video app, which I also use for video. But I mostly find myself using the native camera app, usually in Portrait mode so I can adjust the depth of field, with processing in Snapseed on my iPad. And I use On1 Photo Raw for asset management (culling, keywording, IPTC headers, and so on). I used to use it for processing, but it got much too slow for my old PC. I'd love to find something else that just does asset management, with no processing, as Photo Raw is taking up far too much of my SSD space.

Thanks for your kind comments, Rick. I was asked this question earlier in the thread and also in the Black and White thread. See my replies there - the last two posts on this page:
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/lets-see-your-black-and-white-photos.517279/page-131
With an 11 Pro Max you should be able to reproduce this way of working fairly easily.

Mostly just one of those magicians' endless strings of handkerchiefs, George.

I've got ProCamera and quite like it. Camera Plus looks good but I haven't tried it yet. Another one I use is Firstlight, by the people who made the FiLMiC Pro video app, which I also use for video. But I mostly find myself using the native camera app, usually in Portrait mode so I can adjust the depth of field, with processing in Snapseed on my iPad. And I use On1 Photo Raw for asset management (culling, keywording, IPTC headers, and so on). I used to use it for processing, but it got much too slow for my old PC. I'd love to find something else that just does asset management, with no processing, as Photo Raw is taking up far too much of my SSD space.
Thanks Garry, I'll take a look :)

@rick448 Two other cell phone apps for photography that are well worth a look are “Cortex Cam” & “Slow Shutter Cam” both of which I have used on many occasions with encouraging results.

“A guy that I follow extensively for iPhone photography is iPhone Fotograaf, most of his stuff is extremely good and he also writes a very useful blog”

George.

Last edited:
@rick448 Two other cell phone apps for photography that are well worth a look are “Cortex Cam” & “Slow Shutter Cam” both of which I have used on many occasions with encouraging results.

“A guy that I follow extensively for iPhone photography is iPhone Fotograaf, most of his stuff is extremely good and he also writes a very useful blog”

George.
Thanks both :)

Back