iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

Is this the iPhone app that you use Garry, and if so what’s your personal opinion of it ?
George.

I use it sometimes, George. It depends on circumstances. If I just want a quick clip of something like a Climate Strike video, I'll just use the standard Camera app. But if I want separate control over exposure and focusing, noise reduction, contrast, temperature, tint, or want to use focus peaking, zebra striping and the like, as well as get full control over resolution, frame rate, audio bitrate, and stabilisation, I'll use FiLMiC Pro. I like it a lot, but it takes more work to use and a lot of practice to get it right. When I do get it right it gives me great results. If I get it wrong I'll have another go with the built-in Camera app.

I use it sometimes, George. It depends on circumstances. If I just want a quick clip of something like a Climate Strike video, I'll just use the standard Camera app. But if I want separate control over exposure and focusing, noise reduction, contrast, temperature, tint, or want to use focus peaking, zebra striping and the like, as well as get full control over resolution, frame rate, audio bitrate, and stabilisation, I'll use FiLMiC Pro. I like it a lot, but it takes more work to use and a lot of practice to get it right. When I do get it right it gives me great results. If I get it wrong I'll have another go with the built-in Camera app.

That’s very helpful Garry thank you.

I’ve been using “Pro Camera” for most of iPhone video work (which I’m slowly getting hooked on) and all of my iPhone stills work is shot using the same app. I’ve recently purchased “Pro Cam 7” which is even better and the control it gives you is more than I ever imagined was possible on an iPhone. It’s only 6 bucks and in my opinion is well worth the investment.

I’m looking for the complete package with regards to my iPhone video work and I have invested in “Lumafusion” for my processing which I’m gradually getting my head around so I want to get the very best available for the shooting side of things. I’ve taken mental notes of several reviews about “Filmic Pro” and most of them are very encouraging. The only downside that I read is that it’s very battery hungry and creates quite a bit of heat in the phone, with the advice to carry a portable power pack/charger with you which I already have several.

George.

Lumafusion, IMO, is the best of the lot. And you'll never pay for updates or upgrades. There are some packages you can buy or rent, such as Storyblocks - a source of good-quality video clips. There are a few features missing that high-priced editors have, such as masking, but I havent't missed those yet.

I'm sure it was @rick448 that was asking somewhere or other a time or two back as to what apps people were using on their iPhones. Well as mentioned to @garryknight a couple of posts up I've just started using an app called "Pro Cam 7" and in my opinion it's "EXCELLENT".

Some of the stills features include shooting in RAW + JPEG, TIFF, HDR, Exposure Bracketing, White Balance Selection, ISO Priority Selection, Manual Focus Peaking, Manual Focus Assist, Shutter Priority, Image Stabilization, Subject Tracking, and many more. There's also such things as Night Mode, Slow Shutter, Portrait, Burst Mode, 3D Photo.

Some of the video features include Time Laps, Frame Rate, Quality Selection, Power Zoom, Image Stabilization, Volume Adjust, and many more.

It's not as complex as "FILMIC Pro" for video that Garry sometimes uses but it's way, way more advanced than the standard iPhone app, and for stills I've yet to find anything better and all for just six bucks. So if you're serious or just want to have more control when shooting stills or video shots on an iPhone I strongly urge you to invest in this app.

George.

Last edited:

Tell me Garry, do you know that area very well ? Just interested.

Only when I first came to the UK I used to live for a short while a little up the road from there, close to the Rose Hill roundabout. We used to quite often visit that park on a nice day. I’ve not been back to those parts for ages and didn’t even realise the place was still open. We used to occasionally stop by a pub close to there for something to eat. I think it was called “The Ravensbury Arms“ or something like that, it was situated on a rather nasty bend in the road and was a notorious black spot for road traffic accidents.
“Small World”

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple tourist type snap taken from the Empire State Building New York USA of the Chrysler Building and surrounding New York skyline.

iPhone 7 Plus.

New York Skyline (1)-03379
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: For looking., (y)

George.

Over the past few weeks I’ve become really interested in shooting video on my iPhone, so much so that I have invested in two higher end apps “Pro cam 7” which I’ve already posted about and “Filmic Pro” which I’ve not had a chance to try out yet. I’ve also installed “Limafusion” on my iPhone & iPad for editing which is extremely good.

The next step I’m considering is investing in a “Gimbal” for a Cell Phone, having seen many videos of them in use and feel they would help take my video shooting to the next level. Just wondered if anyone has one or has used one and if so what model and your opinions on it/them.

George.

20200227_173018.jpg
Bored waiting to pick the missus up from work this evening so had a little play with my phone (galaxy s10) shot though a slightly grubby car windscreen..

Last edited:
Finnish houses in oulu, Finland.
Xiaomi T9 Pro IMG_20200223_121702.jpeg

Like most people I carry a cell phone which has a camera. I tend to use it to grab images for different reasons than the photo itself. eg. documenting some mine adits and wanted GPS locations so snap a cellphone photo and I've got that in the data to match up later. or like this photo, I really have no idea how to light it so phone shot was for me to ponder over later (I did also take some light-painted photos with my D750 but I'm thinking I need to take speedlights).

ct.jpg

The light is from my bat-roaster caplamp.

Just discovered this thread. I actually love taking shots on the iphone.. Only thing is that sometimes it goes a bit crazy with the micro contrasts. I still really liked this picture: Dios esta conmigo. (Edit: It somehow looks sharper on my phone/in photos on the laptop. Not sure why)

Dios esta conmigo

Last edited:
Back