iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

Lovely landscape style shot, I'm amazed at the detail you've managed to get into this shot.

"I've been looking at some of your your work on Flickr that was also shot using the same cell phone, and the detail on most of them is excellent. In my opinion some of the latest cell phones are really becoming a force to be reckoned with where photography is concerned"

George.

Lovely landscape style shot, I'm amazed at the detail you've managed to get into this shot.

"I've been looking at some of your your work on Flickr that was also shot using the same cell phone, and the detail on most of them is excellent. In my opinion some of the latest cell phones are really becoming a force to be reckoned with where photography is concerned"

George.

Thanks George, and yes I agree that phone cameras have become a serious competitor to dedicated cameras, although they do have their limits. I specifically upgraded my phone so that I could get good usable shots without having to use my dslr. I wanted to have a camera that is much more suitable for having with me every day and taking on family days out, plus also to reduce the amount of time I have to spend transferring images onto the computer for editing etc. (old laptop getting quite slow now etc.) and for my uses (Instagram, flickr, forums etc.) it's perfectly adequate even though the controls may not be quite as functional as on a dslr etc.

Thanks George, and yes I agree that phone cameras have become a serious competitor to dedicated cameras, although they do have their limits. I specifically upgraded my phone so that I could get good usable shots without having to use my dslr. I wanted to have a camera that is much more suitable for having with me every day and taking on family days out, plus also to reduce the amount of time I have to spend transferring images onto the computer for editing etc. (old laptop getting quite slow now etc.) and for my uses (Instagram, flickr, forums etc.) it's perfectly adequate even though the controls may not be quite as functional as on a dslr etc.
I think the “handling“ is the main drawback and that contributes TP the awkwardness (for me) of getting used to the lens being in a corner, OK in portrait mode. Since they need to retain ”slab” shape for phone(browsing etc I think the answer could be some sort of ‘origami” type of folding case, with Bluetooth shutter button maybe.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I'm still using an "iPhone 7 Plus" at the moment as I've been waiting for the new "iPhone 12 Pro Max" (that was announced yesterday) to become available. With all the technology that's built in to that new unit and cell phones from other makers I can see a lot of folk using there phones considerably more for their photography.

George.

I think the “handling“ is the main drawback and that contributes TP the awkwardness (for me) of getting used to the lens being in a corner, OK in portrait mode. Since they need to retain ”slab” shape for phone(browsing etc I think the answer could be some sort of ‘origami” type of folding case, with Bluetooth shutter button maybe.

As mentioned above I still use an "iPhone 7 Plus" at the moment, but a lot of the time I use it with a "DJI Osmo 3" gimbal for both video & stills which improves the handling no end.

George.

As mentioned above I still use an "iPhone 7 Plus" at the moment, but a lot of the time I use it with a "DJI Osmo 3" gimbal for both video & stills which improves the handling no end.

George.
Yes, that works but it negates the ”in your pocket & with you everywhere” factor. I guess using it as a phone when on a gimbal is tricky :).

Yes, that works but it negates the ”in your pocket & with you everywhere” factor. I guess using it as a phone when on a gimbal is tricky :).

That's actually possible with some gimbals. I use the Zhiyun Smooth 4 and you can swivel it so it's vertically mounted on the gimbal. Then just hold it so that the phone is against your ear. Might look daft, but might also be better than losing the shot. Of course, if you've got an Apple Watch, you can answer the call on that, and look like Spy vs Spy. Of course, if you've got AirPods or the like, you just look like everyone else - totally insane.

Last edited:
That's actually possible with some gimbals. I use the Zhiyun Smooth 4 and you can swivel it so it's vertically mounted on the gimbal. Then just hold it so that the phone is against your ear. Might look daft, but might also be better than losing the shot. Of course, if you've got an Apple Watch, you can answer the call on that, and look like Spy vs Spy. Of course, if you've got AirPods or the like, you just look like everyone else - totally insane.
It seems like the watch for the phone part is probably the answer :j.

Didn't know you were into gimbals as well Garry, I also have "Zhiyun Crane M2" to use with my Sony RX100M6 and very good the combination is too. Although I've not tried it as yet it will also work with my "iPhone 7 Plus" so I'm hoping it'll also work with the new "iPhone 12Pro Max" as that particular gimbal can take a bit more weight than my "DJI Osmo 3" gimbal.

George.

Last edited:
50501847658_a94a4985c2_b.jpg

Back