iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

Train with straw bail supplies for the animals up in our neighbouring Roya valley which has been devestated by storm Alex and remains pretty much cut off by road not unlike the two valleys to the west.
We got off likely by comparison!
IMG_1436.JPG

Water tower.

Help required, please. The water tower windows are, to my eyes, square so why are the gate posts leaning? Is it because it's shot from the side or is it distortion of the lens. Taken with an iPhone 8.

water_tower_2.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Howard

The tower looks to me as if it's leaning to the right. The iPhone 8 has a lens with a 28mm equivalent focal length, which gives you a fairly wide angle. If you point a wide angle lens up a building, the top of the building will look narrower than the bottom and so the sides, and any other vertical lines, will appear to lean inwards towards the centre of the image. You can correct this in post-processing (look for Perspective), or you could install ProCamera and upgrade it to the ProCamera Up version (for a little over £5 per year, if I recall correctly) and it can correct the perspective live, as you take the photo. There might be other camera apps with the same function but this is the first I've seen.

You do get other advantages if you upgrade, but obviously it would be cheaper to do it in post-processing. If you edit the photo in the Photos app, click the Crop button (right hand button at the bottom of the screen) then the Vertical Perspective button (the middle one) and drag the slider up.

The tower looks to me as if it's leaning to the right. The iPhone 8 has a lens with a 28mm equivalent focal length, which gives you a fairly wide angle. If you point a wide angle lens up a building, the top of the building will look narrower than the bottom and so the sides, and any other vertical lines, will appear to lean inwards towards the centre of the image. You can correct this in post-processing (look for Perspective), or you could install ProCamera and upgrade it to the ProCamera Up version (for a little over £5 per year, if I recall correctly) and it can correct the perspective live, as you take the photo. There might be other camera apps with the same function but this is the first I've seen.

You do get other advantages if you upgrade, but obviously it would be cheaper to do it in post-processing. If you edit the photo in the Photos app, click the Crop button (right hand button at the bottom of the screen) then the Vertical Perspective button (the middle one) and drag the slider up.

Thanks Garry for your response. I'll have a look for the ProCamera app. I tried editing in the Photos app but I wasn't happy with the final result, however I shall persevere. Perhaps this particular image is beyond redemption. I think there's more hope for this one!

water_tower.jpg

Howard

Today with my new IPhone 11, the camera is the only thing that I`ve sussed out what too use yet.

On my Own. by Dave, on Flickr

Dave, liking this shot very much, reminds me of some you did a time or two ago when you presented them with a kinda old faded look that I liked very much.

"I must admit that I'm a little surprised at you going for an "iPhone 11" when the first incarnations of the "iPone 12" have just been released and knowing you only purchased a "P20" or something like that a short while ago. Anyway hope you don't think I'm jumping the gun etc mate but I've listed a few photography apps that will help you to get the best out of the cell phones camera.

For Stills :- ProCam or ProCamera are both "Excellent" and I use them extensively on my oldish "iPhone 7 Plus".

For Video :- arguably the best app is "Filmic Pro" its a little more expensive than some of the others but is extremely good and probably the one all the others are judged by.

For Editing Video :- then "LumaFusion" has no equal in my opinion and the opinion of many others. Once again a little more expensive than the others but well worth the extra outlay.

George.

Last edited:
Dave, liking this shot very much, reminds me of some you did a time or two ago when you presented them with a kinda old faded look that I liked very much.

"I must admit that I'm a little surprised at you going for an "iPhone 11" when the first incarnations of the "iPone 12" have just been released and knowing you only purchased a "P20" or something like that a short while ago. Anyway hope you don't think I jumping the gun etc mate but I've listed a few photography apps that will help you to get the best out of the cell phones camera.

For Stills :- ProCam or ProCamera are both "Excellent" and I use them extensively on my oldish "iPhone 7 Plus".

For Video :- arguably the best app is "Filmic Pro" its a little more expensive than some of the others but is extremely good and probably the one all the others are judged by.

For Editing Video :- then "LumaFusion" has no equal in my opinion and the opinion of many others. Once again a little more expensive than the others but well worth the extra outlay.

George.
Have you tried Halide, new version just released? Also pricey though offer at present.

Last edited:
Have you tried Halide, new version just released? Also pricey though offer at present.

Richard, that sounds like a very comprehensive cell phone camera app, thanks for the heads up I'll give it a look a bit later.

George.

"I must admit that I'm a little surprised at you going for an "iPhone 11" when the first incarnations of the "iPone 12" have just been released and knowing you only purchased a "P20" or something like that a short while ago. Anyway hope you don't think I jumping the gun etc mate but I've listed a few photography apps that will help you to get the best out of the cell phones camera.

George.

Thank you George for the heads up on this lot, I will have a look and get them.

A few iPhone shots from a rainy Normanby Hall Country Park today. We went for our little one to see the spooky owls and take part in the spooky walk.

A few iPhone snaps from Normanby Hall Country Park today. by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

A few iPhone snaps from Normanby Hall Country Park today. by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Three very nice iPhone shots Rick, the images that can be obtained from the modern cell phones never ceases to amaze me. The colour & detail in that second shot is outstanding.

George.

I'd like to start a thread solely for Cell/Mbl Phone photography. I feel that these very portable & versatile devices can play a huge part in our photography enjoyment with the more recent versions being capable of producing some quite frankly outstanding results. It would be interesting to see some of these results on this thread with perhaps a bit of blurb on how it was produced with regards to apps, software, and technique etc.

Not just the phones themselves but the various accessories, apps & software that people use to produce their images from these devices would be really interesting to hear about and discuss.

Looking at some of the shots taken on phones that have been posted on TP I'm sure this type of thread would be of interest to quite a few members, after all I kinda guess that its the one type of camera that pretty much all of us have with us most of the time.

George.

Back