Is it possible to change the direction someone is looking in a picture by about 45 degrees?

Edit My Images
Yes
I have limited knowledge of Photoshop and editing and was wondering if it's possible to edit the way people are looking as in a picture, they are looking the wrong way. (Picture posted below!)

Sorry if this is the wrong type of question to ask here, I'm looking to get into editing and I thought this would be a good first project.

Attachments

• To be edited please.JPG
    To be edited please.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
No, it's not possible unless you have another photo where you are looking the right way which you can use as a source.

No, it's not possible unless you have another photo where you are looking the right way which you can use as a source.

I read the OP's request and put this on watch........ignoring any obvious evidence of lighting and shadows, for a very simply fix what about simply(???) cut out the head and flip it to look the other way ;). On the surmise it is not a close in headshot but longer wider PoV it just might look alright.

I have limited knowledge of Photoshop and editing and was wondering if it's possible to edit the way people are looking as in one of my pictures I am looking the wrong way (I wanted to be looking out into the distance, however, the person who took the picture took it just as I started turning around, hence messing up the shot).

Sorry if this is the wrong type of question to ask here, I'm looking to get into editing and I thought this would be a good first project.

Yep dead simple mate

Post the shot and we'll do it for you in seconds :)

I once had a Bride looking backwards and turned her head around completely so just 45 degrees is a piece of p***

Dave

Yep dead simple mate

Post the shot and we'll do it for you in seconds :)

I once had a Bride looking backwards and turned her head around completely so just 45 degrees is a piece of p***

Dave

Hopefully, it's doable! Thanks a lot for the comments. As you can see would have been a nice shot if they were facing the right way (not into the ground).

Last edited:
How would I do that? The original was only taking at 540*960 :/

I did not know of the size of your data file…
so provide the largest size possible 1:1.

Hmmmmm! setting aside the technical challenge as this is not your image do you have the photographers permission for others to work on it?

NB with my very limited knowledge of such detailed editing I cannot see, bearing in mind 'you' are seen from a rear 3/4 angle and in profile with none of your fuller face visible, how it can be meaningfully done without other images to clone from to "reproduce" enough of your face & head???

Hmmmmm! setting aside the technical challenge as this is not your image do you have the photographers permission for others to work on it?

NB with my very limited knowledge of such detailed editing I cannot see, bearing in mind 'you' are seen from a rear 3/4 angle and in profile with none of your fuller face visible, how it can be meaningfully done without other images to clone from to "reproduce" enough of your face & head???

Hi, yep I do have permission.

It's not a shot of me, originally I was gonna try edit one of my photos and told a friend (then I decided not to edit mine). Anyway, my friend wanted to see if his picture could be edited and I said I think it's possible, perhaps that was a long shot?

I can get a few pictures of the back part of his head looking straight perhaps? Or is it just not possible due to the low res pic etc.

Thanks anyway!

No. 1 = 45.2 degrees

edited please.jpg

No. 2 - To be fair this was more like 90 degrees in the other direction.

edited 2.jpg

If you specify exact degreeage in 3D space, I'll just use the auto filter in photoshop :)

Oops! Accidentally bumped up exposure. I've done the decent thing and pixelated it as this is a family forum.

IMG_7204.JPG

Back