Is it too late for milky way ? (Wales)

Name
wayne clarke
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a go at the milky way earlier in the year, first ever attempt, and I fancy having another go, based in south wales I have about an hour or so drive to my "location" of choise, but I'm wondering if it's too far down over the horizon now?
Thanks.

I am no expert on the Milky Way but according to Photo Pills the Galactic Centre is not visible now until the 03.02.2019. When I was in Wales a few weeks ago it was only visible for about 30mins so I think that is it until February.:(

Im just starting to look at astro shots so am no great authority. I use a free bit of software called Stellarium, which is useful for planning ahead as you can set the location and date and it will show the sky on that date. You can also increase the brightness of the milky way artificially, so you can see more detail etc. It might be worth a look for you

On a crystal clear night you should be fine even if the core is below the horizon. At least you are more likely to get the arch of the milkyway instead of it just going up. The problem is getting a cloudless let alone haze free night now.

Thank you all.
I suspected it was a bit late. I'll have to get one of these app things. As mentioned it's the weather now.

Back