Is Julian Assange dead?

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't know if I've stumbled on the biggest tin-foil hat conspiracy theory in recent times, or everyone really has a point.
Is anyone else following this story?

I don't think so, today. They are trying to get a hashtag trending, and some are reaching out to various media and privacy agenies etc.

There is a media blackout until midnight so one of the other threads are saying. Maybe this is it?

Yeah I've just seen that thread, and quickly checked the date. Was yesterday so it would have been in the media now :)

Perhaps the latest allegations against him proved too much.

Wasn't he interviewed in the Equadorian embassy by the Swedish prosecutor?

Funny how the fact that Trump is accused of sexual offences means he is guilty, but Assange is fine to hide away due to sexual offences?

Wasn't he interviewed in the Equadorian embassy by the Swedish prosecutor?

I think I remember right, the questions were put to his solicitor / lawyer from the Swedish prosecutors - and they would "ask" the questions and give them an answer...

His cat has been seen wearing a shirt and tie. He's a whole conspiracy on his own.

maxresdefault.jpg

His body was taken out of the embassy yesterday.

But I suspect it wasn't actually his body. And he has gone to live on an island somewhere. A cunning plan.

Didn't all this start when his internet access was cut off about a month ago?

and the next post is .WHO CARES :wave:

Which to him probably means he might as well be dead

Wonder if his welcome was out-stayed a while back?

It's the first I've heard, but it does seem highly unlikely unless he had some kind of medical emergency. He's a little too high-profile to just discretely disappear, even though it's unlikely anything would be done about it.

is the rapist dead then?
From memory only, his alleged crime is not rape as we know it, but having sex with (I think) 3 women without using a condom - which in his country is a crime but which in most isn't.

From memory only, his alleged crime is not rape as we know it, but having sex with (I think) 3 women without using a condom - which in his country is a crime but which in most isn't.

New allegations of rape just last week.

is the rapist dead then?

Swedish authorities have discontinued an investigation into a rape allegation against the WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, after a review of the evidence.

The deputy chief prosecutor, Eva-Marie Persson, said the complainant’s evidence was deemed credible and reliable, but that after nearly a decade, witnesses’ memories had faded.

“After conducting a comprehensive assessment of what has emerged during the course of the preliminary investigation I then make the assessment that the evidence is not strong enough to form the basis for filing an indictment,” Persson said. An appeal against the decision could be made to the office of Sweden’s attorney general, she added.

Swedish authorities have discontinued an investigation into a rape allegation against the WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, after a review of the evidence.

The deputy chief prosecutor, Eva-Marie Persson, said the complainant’s evidence was deemed credible and reliable, but that after nearly a decade, witnesses’ memories had faded.

“After conducting a comprehensive assessment of what has emerged during the course of the preliminary investigation I then make the assessment that the evidence is not strong enough to form the basis for filing an indictment,” Persson said. An appeal against the decision could be made to the office of Sweden’s attorney general, she added.

Based on the very little I know (sorry, should say 'have read')about Julian I don't find him the most likeable of persons but the above is odd.

When the allegations were made were there no statements taken, ie would any case now rely only on the memories of witnesses? Has the evidence changed over time. If the evidence is not strong enough now why was it strong enough some years ago and up to fairly recently?

Dave

Yes, heard that on the news this morning. He is in Belmarsh prison. Maybe close to being extradited to the USA.

So the evidence isn’t strong enough due to faded memories dating back what, 15-20 Years., but recently some very high profile cases dating back 50-60 years have gotten convictions.
I know it’s different countries, but seems odd someone like say Rolf Harris can be prosecuted on memories of what were young girls 50 years ago, but Asaange can’t be on Memories of young women half that amount of time.

So the evidence isn’t strong enough due to faded memories dating back what, 15-20 Years., but recently some very high profile cases dating back 50-60 years have gotten convictions.

Maybe, and I don't know, but just maybe, 15-20 year old lies are harder to remember than the truth.

It's interesting, but the side of me that normally ignores conspiracy theories has suddenly gone rather quiet.

It seems odd to drop the sex charges but my first thought was they're clearing the way for extradition to the USA where I expect there's a more lengthy sentence awaiting if he's convicted.

I've never met him.... but he always come across to me as an arrogant toss pot (hope that's forum friendly, soz if not) so I was rather pleased to read that it's not just me and some people who've met him feel the same.

Should the government bill the Swedish authorities for the police wages during his time in the embassy.?

Back