Non UK Is Marrakech likely to be interesting in October

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
We're debating holiday destinations, and it's always nice to combine that with a chance to photograph somewhere new. Is it good, or will it all be touristy/modern concrete blocks?

Marrakech is amazing but a lot of the locals are not keen on having their picture taken.
I was there about 3 years ago and felt very safe but its different times now and you may wish to evaluated based on your own findings.

Thanks gents. After further home discussion it seems likely we'll end up in Rethymno instead, not because of threats, but because it's somewhere we've been planning to revisit for a few years (we were last there in 1987).

I'd head further West to Chania - food's better and the locals are friendlier!

I'd head further West to Chania - food's better and the locals are friendlier!

We'll almost certainly go there to walk the gorge, however that's an interesting observation and having thought we had destination & hotel sorted I might just do one more sweep to see if there's anything suitable down that way. Last time we were there Rethymno was relatively sleepy, but I suspect a lot has changed since.

I went to Agidir in October 2015, because the Tunisia holiday fell through due to the attacks... Was a beautiful place felt really safe!

Back