Is shielding back for you, or did it never stop

I am going to batten down the hatches and curtail my contact with others, more so than before, likewise my partner who lives 9 miles away. She has underlying conditions so is taking a lot more care than me. She is 'clinical'! Shopping is done at a local village to me, small town really. It has a bakers, greengrocers and butchers all on one side of the road, all within 100 yds. On the opposite side of the road is a hardware shop. I go at 9am once a week when it absolutely deserted. I then drop down to the bosses' house and drop off her share, have a cuppa and a good chat (still distancing although I do miss a hug!)

Most Sundays we meet again at her house. A local pub we used to use is obviously closed, but they deliver the finest take-a-way Sunday lunches you could wish for and very very cheap! Two courses for less than a tenner each! (and no washing up pots and pans.) Then, in fine weather a walkalong one of the very quiet disused railway track that used to connect each of the collieries with each other. We seed more sheep than people- true!

I've almost finished the moat; I just need to fill it with water then add the sharks and piranhas.

Once that's done, I'll start on the inner minefield, barbed wire and claymores.

On a more serious note, I really wish I could do it. I think it's the only way to keep people away short of shooting them on sight, but I have to sleep at some time.

Just when will these tossers start taking it seriously? I now know of at least six people that have it - one of them the wife of my social worker.

The trouble is I have to take the dog out for a walk. Does anyone know where I can pick up a cheap Klingon disruptor?

Back