Is the Longridge cutter really worth it?

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Once I get my printer sorted (finally getting there I think!) I'm looking to mount my prints. I saw the Longridge cutter demo'd at the Photography show, and it looked so easy and straight forward! But.... for A1 mounting including A1 panos, I'd probably have to go for the Maxi mount cutter, which is properly expensive - £685. I could possibly get away with an Autograph or Signature Plus - dunno... But either way, these are expensive options. I know people seem to rave about them, and I don't grudge paying money if they're genuinely worth it - they appear to be the Rolls Royce of mount cutters.

Are they worth the difference? Or is there a Ford Focus priced cutter that gives not far off Rolls Royce results? I see Logan cutters mentioned a lot?

I have a Longridge mount cutter, and I love it. I stalked Ebay after seeing them at The Photography Show a couple of years ago. I use it in it’s most simple form, and probably not to it’s full potential, but I am usually working to 500 x 400 size mount board. (Before this, I had a Jakar cutter and ruler, and yes, its was worth the difference! )

Back