Is there a way to see which camera took which shot in Lightroom?

Name
Kell
Edit My Images
Yes
If I use other programmes to just view images (like Windows Photo viewer) I can right click, pull up properties or file information and it will tell me all the usual things about the picture like ISO, F stop shutter speed, but also Camera model.

When I've opened the files in Lightroom, I have the info displayed, but I can't see a way to get it to tell me which camera took the shot.

I've just bought a SH 20D and am comparing shots like for like with the old 300D I was going to replace. Because they use the same CF card, I've been swapping it between the two, but after importing to LR I can't see which was which.

Is there a way to do it? Or do I need a low-tech solution like a piece of paper in the foreground with the camera name on it?

If you go on the library module you can do that in the grid view - click on the show filter view and there is a bar at the very top that allows you to view which photo was taken with which camera. In the alternative click on the photo in library view and scroll to the bottom on the right hand side and you can see the camera info there too on the metadata section.

Are the files not different sizes? Number of pixels should be a way of telling which camera took which shot. The other way is to check your manual and see if you can put info into the file name to show you.

in the LIBRARY mode, press \ to display the Library Filter Bar, scroller at top rhs - select CAMERA INFO, then in one of the smaller sub-scroller windows select CAMERA and it'll show all the cameras used in that particular library you're looking at...

bit like this...

Untitled-1.jpg

so, in january 2009, i took 441 photo's, 13 of which were with the Ixus, 410 with the 450d a trio with my sony cameraphone, and the rest were either missing meta-data, or were on film and therefore didn't HAVE any metadata.

Last edited:
Back