Is this any good?

I like it too, a bit dull and depressing with just a hint of Christmas cheer filtering through.

Did you do some PS edit on the lights? looks like some brush marks around them.

Nice concept though.

Hi,
Thanks for the comment.
yeah, I dialled down the saturation on the pavement (layers) and then erased to the brighter colours on the puddle - obviously a little carelessly ;)

Great capture. Really like the combination of dull and just a slither of Christmas light

I like this too! would have been even better if the mid and background puddles captured a bit of xmas spirit too imo.

lol I have to say yes as I did an almost identical one in Tallinn this weekend - I will post it later

Really like this idea.
Totally different take on the usual Christmas decoration pics and I think it works really well. Tidy up the brush work on the reflection and you're on to a winner.

Can't help wondering how this would look as a square crop (losing some from the top). It would give it a totally different feel by placing the lights on a horizontal third and making them a more obvious part of the image, but I think it could work.

Love it, only small criticism would be that I find it slightly annoying that the bottom (top?) star is cut off.

I'm with Sarah Lee on this, I think that losing the top would work really well on an already great capture. (y)

Back