Is this kit any good?

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

My dear old Uncle John has recently had to move into an old people's home and so his house has had to be cleared prior to being rented out. During the clear out I found a camera bag with the kit listed below. I have asked him if he wants to keep it but as he is suffering with Parkinson's he cannot hold the camera steady enough to take a shot.
What I was wondering was if this kit is worth selling so I can add to the pot to help pay for the (extremely expensive) home?

The kit is : Praktica BCA electronic camera (made in Germany), Sigma 35-70 mm 2.8-4.0 Zoom Master, Sigma 75-210mm 3.5-4.5 Zoom-K III, Praktika Pentacon 50mm 1.8.
Also hard boxes for the Sigma 75-210mm and Praktica lenses and a soft Prinz camera bag.
There is also a Mamiya-16 which I am not sure is even a camera, strange looking thing.

It's all in good nick as Unc is a most careful chap.
If anyone knows about these things please let me know. I have pictures if anyone wants to see the equipment.

Cheers

Andy

I don't know about lucky, it took 2 weeks to empty and decorate the house and I've knackered me back :eek: It would have been lucky if the lenses had been suitable for me Nikons. :naughty:

Andy

Yeah that would have been class..... sounds like you may have been suckered otherwise then, I don't suppose the Praktica stuff is worth much. ..Still, If you ever do an 'A' level or degree course you'll need that lot for the B&W film bit, which for some reason they still use as the main introduction.

Have you googled that Mamiya-16 thing yet then?

try putting a roll of film in it and have a go;) you might like it yourself

Whilst not knowing the specific model, and it might be some odd rarity, then most Praktica camera bodies are worth a tenner on ebay, and thats if you find a bidder. The lenses are probably not worth an awful lot more unless they have a mounting ring thats compatible with other cameras (and if the do advertise them as such).

I bought a Canon EOS30 body and battery grip for under £50 delivered - bargain for me wanting a film SLR with eye control, and with not many film camera buyers i had the auction to myself. I've seen loads of 1970/80s camera 'kits' go through with no bidders !

Hi Andy,

Just did a search on fleabay, top of the list is the same camera with 40 mins to go, sitting at £9.99 at the mo. Hope your more successful with it if selling.

Ah well, such is life, I may give it to a charity shop, they may get a few quid for it.

Andy

I like the look of that Mamiya 16, god knows where you get film for it, might need a cassette or something, still like it though :)
Its bacolite curvy american fridgetastic with a spoonfull of ancient transistor radio..:D

No, tis all rubbish... if you'd like I can collect it for you and take it down the tip... :)

Forbiddenbiker is an idiot,I had Praktica kit many years ago and got great results,as long as this has been well looked after it will give some fine results.Re the Mamiya 16 have a look here
http://www.subclub.org/shop/mamiya.htm

And please dont bin any of the kit if you don't want to keep it I will take it off your hands

Forbiddenbiker is an idiot,I had Praktica kit many years ago and got great results,as long as this has been well looked after it will give some fine results.Re the Mamiya 16 have a look here

And please dont bin any of the kit if you don't want to keep it I will take it off your hands

:eek: I think you'll find your the idiot!

Rude sod.

captainpenguin i think you missed the joke. can we not hurl insults please chaps..? thanks

:LOL: Did it sound like the red arrows? (That joke flying right over your head).

Well, I don't know what to do now......(time passes, he returns to computer after thinking).
I'll keep it. I intend to go on another photography course after I finish my level 1 and there is an element of film photography in the content so it will be useful. And it all seems to be in full working order, unlike me..

Cheers

Andy

captainpenguin i think you missed the joke. can we not hurl insults please chaps..? thanks

My apologies I just did not see it as a joke and as a photograpoher from film days I see many comments especially about the likes of Praktica and Zenith that just slag off their users.
FB I am sorry if I caused offence

mind you zenith ...................hhmmmmmmm

I don't know about a Zenith but this thread seems to have reached a nadir...:)

Now then, after all the to-ing and fro-ing I went to the first week of my photography course last night and, guess what? next week and for the next 4 weeks we will be using FILM cameras, so a good job I;ve got one then. (y)(y).

Thanks for all the help (and jokes).

Andy

Well wasn't that convenient then?

Well its not going to depreciate, and you can put it to some use short term, so quids in ;)

Back