Is Topaz Denoise worth it

It does work well but £64 for a single plugin isn't cheap ... have you tried Define, part of the free Nik package?

I bought Topaz Denoise a while ago - good plugin, but I found personally that DFine worked better for most things, so it was a bit of a waste of money really. :D

I find Topaz Denoise the best for a single pass but Define the best for an adjustable & selectable option.

If you can get past the bloke (mega irritating for me) the content is quite useful :)

I prefer Nik to Topaz. Also got annoyed with that guy in the videos but he does get the message across. Mainly use LR for noise reduction unless I am being fussy.

Another shout for Nik Dfine (y)

I used to work two layers in ACR, one for the bg, one for the bird, that way I could reduce noise in the bg without loosing detail in the bird, then blend them in Elements 11

With Nik Dfine you can use the brush on j-pegs to selectively reduce noise just where its needed and it works well (y)

Another shout for Nik Dfine (y)

I used to work two layers in ACR, one for the bg, one for the bird, that way I could reduce noise in the bg without loosing detail in the bird, then blend them in Elements 11

With Nik Dfine you can use the brush on j-pegs to selectively reduce noise just where its needed and it works well (y)

Going to stick with Nik Dfine and learn that, but now I might buy Topaz Detail and Clarity as a plugin for PS.

Whether a single plugin is worth that money is purely subjective but I have the suite of Topaz PS plugins and they're part of the workflow on every image I edit. The In Focus and Effects plugins are extremely good.
I'll second this......I convert to TIFF in Lightroom and then use Topaz for any adjustments.

The wrong answer is no...... the simple answer is yes.
I could be wrong but I thought that not all Topaz options could be used standalone, those that can being the exception ... very happy to be proved wrong though if you can explain. :)

I could be wrong but I thought that not all Topaz options could be used standalone, those that can being the exception ... very happy to be proved wrong though if you can explain. :)

Some can be used 'standalone' and others can't ....DeNoise is one that can and it also has batch processing ability in its latest version.

I can't believe how much Topaz products have increased in price. I'm pretty sure I bought the complete "Bundle" of all their programmes for well under the hundred pound mark some years ago. Still getting the free updates too.

Back