Scotland Isle of Arran

Edit My Images
Yes
In a couple of days time we head to the Isle of Arran for 4 days, never been before so checked out Trip Advisor for a 'things to do' list. Has anybody on here got any good photo locations worth visiting while on the island.

Thanks in advance.:)

Goatfell is nice and the view from the top is supposed to be very good. I didn't climb it when I was there a few years ago. Its a Corbett so between 2,500-3,000 feet to the summit.

The bay area at Lochranza and the ruined castle there is also a favourite view of mine.

The distillery is quite photogenic also.

Thanks Grey77. I would love to climb Goatfell, but the wife is not into hills any more. Thanks for the other suggestions, my list is getting longer.

I'm going tomorrow.
The weather isn't forecast to be the best (it is Scotland in summer after all), but any suggestions - I can't go early morning / late night as I will have 2 kids to look after ....

It's a lovely island and well worth exploring. A few highlights for me were:
Machrie Moor, which has six stone circles and some of the stones are over 5 meters high.
Kildonan (South coast) is where I spotted Otters on two occasions.
Brodick Castle, Garden and Country Park - some lovely walks, landscapes and scenery (castle closed until 2018)
Lochranza Castle - North West, lovely setting.
Lochranza area - red deer wandering around near the highway.

Enjoy your trip and fingers crossed on some decent weather.

Back