Isle of Harris

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
Yes
I visited Harris recently on a family holiday, my first visit here since I was about 3 years old. It wasn't a photography trip, more focussed on seeing the island and the areas where my family originated from.

Luskentyre on the first night and the only decent light I saw while out with my camera.

Luskentyre sand dunes by Iain Macleod, on Flickr

A dusk shot of one of the ponies that can often be seen grazing in the sand dunes at Luskentyre.

Luskentyre Pony by Iain Macleod, on Flickr

Tráigh lar. Lots of potential at this little beach, but I only stopped for a short time and shot a few couple of compositions around the same area of rocks.

Traigh lar, Isle of Harris by Iain Macleod, on Flickr

First and third for me - both lovely, but as said above the foreground lighting on the first makes it stand out.

Have to agree that the first is an absolute belter, and probably a worthy entry for a suitable competition? (y)

First and last for me - very nice Ian. I think the blue of the second is a bit too much, and takes away from another potentially good image.

#1 is top drawer. Very very good. I like the composition you have selected which makes the most of the sinuous shapes throughout the image.

The one with the horse....again super composition, but a bit too dark. I know it's dusk and all that. But maybe with some careful editing you could really make it sing. And possibly clone the horse into shot #1 ;-)

I'm jealous - it's an amazing place.

Number 1 is a great shot, again as mentioned on another post recently you could crop halfway and have 2 fantastic pics. I think the sand on its own would be a cracker. Well done for the shot, nice one.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Apologies I haven't managed to reply until now, been away with work for a few weeks.

The first shot certainly seems to be a favourite. Luskentyre is such an amazing beach and the sand dunes provide endless options for compositions. I could have happily spent several days in that one location.

Thanks again for the all comments :)

Iain.

Back