Isle of Man or Ellan Vannin...

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Had some holiday to use up, so on the spur of the moment booked 3 nights on the Isle of Man in late October (!)...

Had a great trip. Loads to see and do.

Did 3 whole laps of the TT circuit, which makes you appreciate just HOW good the bike riders are.

Plus loads of castles and ruins etc....

Holiday snaps really, but I thought Id share them.

Probably the most photographed warer wheel in the world.....

Isle of Man (16 of 25) by Mark P, on Flickr

Isle of Man (2 of 25) by Mark P, on Flickr

Full set :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/30938108@N02/albums/72157711541720082/with/48976401123/

We had a week in the Isle of Man last May (just before the TT practice week) after last visiting it in 1977. I am glad to say it hadn't changed that much. My wife describes the Island as being like the Peak District, surrounded by the Cornish coast......

We had a week in the Isle of Man last May (just before the TT practice week) after last visiting it in 1977. I am glad to say it hadn't changed that much. My wife describes the Island as being like the Peak District, surrounded by the Cornish coast......

See, now we said it was a cross between the West coast of Scotland and North Devon....

You must have been there about the same time as us,we had a great time,the rover ticket for the trains and buses was great value,I relly like the place

You must have been there about the same time as us,we had a great time,the rover ticket for the trains and buses was great value,I relly like the place

We landed last Friday and came home this Tuesday evening. We rented a car for £125 to give us some freedom to explore the corners......

When we went we got a good deal through the IoM Steam Packet Company, we booked travel from Heysham for a car, two passengers and 7 nights hotel accomodation (with breakfast) in a nice new hotel in Ramsay all for £739.

Back