Isle of Man TT 2019

Name
Scott MacDonald
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't post on here a lot, really should as I feel I may have hit the wall and need some CC to move onwards. So with that saying I'm going to post a collection from my trip to what has become my spiritual home.

1. Signs must be obeyed at all times.
48050832972_6fe7bb65a6_c.jpg

2. Follow the leader
48050794888_31981f97e6_c.jpg

3. The precious shiny Norton *Gollum likes this*
48051802206_488210c257_c.jpg

4. From the Darkness.....greatness arrives.
48062884472_269e71954e_c.jpg

5. Room for one on the outside mate?
48074469537_bb5a7e79c7_c.jpg

6. Having a wheelie good time at the sprints (I make no apologies......NONE)
48088150988_92a8abb6bf_c.jpg

Nice pics, even the titles, must go back again before it’s too late.
Could you rotate 10 and enlarge it so his eyes are more prominent? Just a thought.

Very nice shots, been a long time since I have been to the TT (Foggy was still racing)

Cracking work

Thanks Davy, really happy with what I came back with.

Nice pics, even the titles, must go back again before it’s too late.
Could you rotate 10 and enlarge it so his eyes are more prominent? Just a thought.

Thanks, I think I get what you are getting at with the rotate and enlarge, I was cropping everything keeping the original photo ratio, if I free it up however.....

48191177541_a403bb2867_c.jpg

Very nice shots, been a long time since I have been to the TT (Foggy was still racing)

Many thanks, I've only got interested in the Road Racing scene over the past 10 years, and it's lead me to search the historic tapes. I think the Foggy v Hizzy battle will remain the greatest race ever imo.

Very nice indeed,only thing i would add and something that i need to do myself after many years of motorsport photography is capturing the atmosphere and scenery in your shots.
People and scenery play a massive part in telling a story in motorsport but many of us still stick to getting as close in as we can on bike and rider with large primes and not concentrating on getting in the bigger picture.
Stick Tony Goldsmith into the search on google and check out some of his wider images and im sure there are one or two other lads also on here that are from the isle of man who turn out a proper story in there work at the TT.
Another good tog is Andre Phillipe who shoots for London Bikers and is well worth a look at his work on Twitter along with Rob of Polarity Photo who shoots for Honda now at Moto GP who also started out on this very forum.

Last edited:
Some shots are all about the eyes(Foggy?), I thought I could see something in the original shot that might stand out, especially with the title, “blinded by the sun”, good catch btw.

Some shots are all about the eyes(Foggy?), I thought I could see something in the original shot that might stand out, especially with the title, “blinded by the sun”, good catch btw.

Thanks, unfortunately the windshield kind of blocks the face a bit, still love the location to shot from though.

Foggy is a refernece to Carl Fogarty former superbike race and apparently a king of the jungle (so the missus told me)

Sorry, I assumed everybody knows who "Foggy" is, especially with the reference to eyes.

Back