StingerNikon

nice shot!
Name
Konstantin
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my favorite location in Scotland. The Old Man of Storr. Sunrise.

46571772181_133b5f5fdd_b.jpg

I do like that. It feels like you could have dropped exposure one or more stops to retain a bit more of the highlights, deepened shadows and increased colour intensity, but it's still good.

I do like that. It feels like you could have dropped exposure one or more stops to retain a bit more of the highlights, deepened shadows and increased colour intensity, but it's still good.

Certainly no need for underxposure here overall. Another darker frame may be very helpful rescuing those burnt highlights in the sea but overall I wouldn't move it 0.5 stop let alone several!!!!

The exposure is about fine. Shooting into the sun will always blow the highlights out - it's pretty well controlled here and the shadow areas etc all look about right.

The flare spots could be cloned out but truth be told - I might have shot potrait removing the sun altogether. It's just a distraction.

I agree with Steve a portrait shot would have been best and just left the sun out of the shot then we would concentrate on the great raking light. I would be tempted to crop it still maybe square. The shadows are lifted more than I would like.

Did you taek a shot without the sun in it?

Last edited:
I agree with Steve a portrait shot would have been best and just left the sun out of the shot then we would concentrate on the great raking light. I would be tempted to crop it still maybe square. The shadows are lifted more than I would like.

Did you taek a shot without the sun in it?

We're all so different. I might, if it were mine, ease back on the contrast ever so slightly rather than decrease lifting the shadows.

Thank you very much for your comments and your constructive feedback. I appreciate it.

I agree that the sun reflection is distracting.

Yes, I took plenty of photos and some of vertical and some of them without the sun. This is my favorite location and its quite hard to get there and I made sure to take plenty of photos while the lighting was right.

I will post one in Square and one Vertical. Let me know which one you prefer. I think in Square it looks better because the sky does not have any clouds and it is a bit empty.

Back