Isolation: Any Gamers? Even Old Ones?

Game Pass and Virgin Fibre - what a combination :)

(I need some light relief while I put in another 50 hours or so on CP2077 so I have a character tough enough for Phantom Liberty....)

PXL_20231028_092913751-EDIT.jpg

It's a pity that Alan Wake 2 isn't available on XBL for PC, I might have re-signed back up for that one, not paying €50 for anything on Epic games, maybe when there's a sale ...

I loved the first game, but I was more a regular gamer back then, now just a casual scrub who dips in and out occasionally - I've watched a couple streams for the game, looks like a solid follow up. Combat, atmosphere, dialogue etc all very much in tune with the first, but it is of course a lot prettier too

Just a reminder that Prime Gaming exists......

If you have Amazon Prime you can claim a free copy of Ghostwire: Tokyo (ends today) and Doom 3 with new titles every month.

Also for any Phantom Liberty fans there's an extra gun (though of course all the cool Vs are using blades.....)

I've been playing Starfield. After initial few hours trying to work out all the mechanics and get over the idea of so many menus, the back story, scene setting and faction quests are actually very good. The end game becomes NG+ and even offers new conversation trees.

I was also a fan of Alan Wake 1 and want to play 2nd game. But now mostly play on Steam Deck, pretty sure it wouldn't run it :ROFLMAO:

Also want to upgrade to Quest 3 from Quest 1, but decline of PCVR in favour of portable because of Quest leaves a bad taste in my mouth. In particular Asgard's Wrath 2 being Quest exclusive and Bone Labs was a step backwards from Boneworks.

Just a reminder that Prime Gaming exists......

If you have Amazon Prime you can claim a free copy of Ghostwire: Tokyo (ends today) and Doom 3 with new titles every month.

Also for any Phantom Liberty fans there's an extra gun (though of course all the cool Vs are using blades.....)

Thanks for the reminder! Just snagged Doom3!

KSP2 Science update is out and with most of the game breaking bugs ironed out, I made my first trip to the Mun (moon) and back!

KSP2 by Ian, on Flickr

Screenshot (8).jpg

Last edited:
Ooo looks fun.

Meanwhile I got Metal Gear Solid for Christmas (yes, I ignored the reviews) it is all sorts of fun - but my Series X has never looked more like a potato....like its dialogue and "values", the graphics are, erm, dated......

I've been playing nothing but Marvel Snap for the past year, a little warcraft rumble on the phone but mostly snap, on pc via steam. I need a good adventure game, but nothing seems to jump at me in that field ATM. Witcher 4 when???

Any Wipeout fans here? Runs really well on the more recent gen ps consoles

That's a blast from the past right there! Haven't played it since the ps1 days! for it's time I remember it being graphically amazing, we'd not seen such speed in racing games either. I do also remember it giving me slight nasea too though after multiple session lol

That's a blast from the past right there! Haven't played it since the ps1 days! for it's time I remember it being graphically amazing, we'd not seen such speed in racing games either. I do also remember it giving me slight nasea too though after multiple session lol

A 3 game collection came out on the ps4 and got a nice patch for the ps4 pro and ps5. Tough game but I find it pretty addictive.

I'm deep into Baldurs Gate 3 at the moment and loving it :)
Just reached act 3 last night on my second playthrough. Completed it the first time a few days before the patch that added the six months later final scene, so want to see that.

First time my tav was a human fighter, this time a selunite drow pala-bard. It also caused me to buy a new graphics card and finally replace the GTX980 I've had for a long, long time.

Haven't played an offline game this much since the original Baldur's Gate (which I still have on its 5 CDs)

Ended up getting a Quest 3 and passed the Quest 2 onto my son. Pancake lenses so much better than Fresnel, although there is a little blooming. Just bought Warplanes Battles Over Pacific VR (standalone version) for a bit of aerial fun, not hardcore like VTOL but lots of fun. Interesting in testing some augmented reality games now that it has better passthrough.

Anyone else doing VR?

Just reached act 3 last night on my second playthrough. Completed it the first time a few days before the patch that added the six months later final scene, so want to see that.

First time my tav was a human fighter, this time a selunite drow pala-bard. It also caused me to buy a new graphics card and finally replace the GTX980 I've had for a long, long time.

Haven't played an offline game this much since the original Baldur's Gate (which I still have on its 5 CDs)

its a realy good game i am also on my 2nd play through having done a pretty standard character.
i am dooing it as a gloom stalker ranger but also in the first play i didnt use astarion which i am now and he like steals everything

i also got a new grafics card an 3060 and it is very good

Want to try something special?

Viewfinder

This game lines up with main topic of this very forum. But ultimately it's a puzzle game using photos and playing with perspectives.

Back