Beginner It's a Plane...

The aircraft is a Boeing KC135 operated by the 100th air refuelling wing (USAFE)..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_KC-135_Stratotanker

Its a good shot.
Thank you. I might try and spend a day closer to the base getting some shots seeing as I live here. I can hear the engine test from my house.
I guess I should find out where I can and can't watch from. Any idea if they are strict about viewing areas? Might see if I can get some of my USAF friends to take me on base and see if I can't get closer.

Im heading down to Suffolk tomorrow and will be visiting Lakenheath on Wednesday evening. I believe they have ramped up their flying programme this week so hopefully i'll get some evening afterburner shots. I'm working over towards Ipswich and will be driving across to LH about 6pm. Gonna try the main viewing area.

This WB could be at ~ 5350 °K
and maybe a DRL tweak being
careful with the contrast. :cool:

Im heading down to Suffolk tomorrow and will be visiting Lakenheath on Wednesday evening. I believe they have ramped up their flying programme this week so hopefully i'll get some evening afterburner shots. I'm working over towards Ipswich and will be driving across to LH about 6pm. Gonna try the main viewing area.
I've seen about ten F-15s coming in to land today. Where abouts is the main viewing area, I haven't actually been up around the bases, just taking shots as I see the planes pass over wherever I happen to be at the time. I could probably get take-off side on shots from Mildenhall from my front garden.

See the thunder and lighning link above in Huffy's post and then click on Lakenheath. I've never been there so tomorrow is a new venture for me.

I'm going to the Lakenheath viewing area about 6pm and then walking towards the crash gate which gets good shots of the end of the runway apparently.

Back