It's almost spring! Show us your cherry blossoms...

Plenty in central Europe but there still snoring!
The cherry trees here have white flowers!!!

K, didn't realize that we (British Columbia, CA) were so far ahead. We have pink single flower, white single flower (these bloom now) and pink multi flora that will bloom in a couple of weeks. Tim, I shall try to exercise patience! I'll go wander the neighbourhood to see if I can find some that haven't been destroyed by the last few wind and rainstorms we've endured.

Last edited:
Too early up here in the bleak north.:crying:

K, didn't realize that we (British Columbia, CA) were so far ahead.

Surely not on the continental side of the Rockies
but on the Pacific side!

Got this at the golf club!

cherry%20blossomspp.jpg

Last edited:
Got a large cherry tree at the bottom of the garden, both pink and white due to graft and host many moons ago.
Half of it blossomed in December.
It's always the last tree in town to blossom fully though an I'll see nothing till the end of April.

Nothing like cherry blossoms to raise the spirits and let you know good weather is on the way. Our single blossoms are all done and the multiflora are out now. Unfortunately, we have to endure several days of rain before getting out for some photos.

Our multiflora and white cherry blossoms are out in full force. Some of the pink multiflora have branches of white blossoms so somewhere, sometime, there was some kind of grafting going on I would suppose. The first photo shows the white blossoms with the pinks in the background all on the same tree. The second photo is of a different tree...

Overwhelm the senses by Paul, on Flickr

Blossom abundance by Paul, on Flickr

Fuji cherry, Prunus incisa "koji-no-mai", a very recent addition to the garden..

Beautiful little tree, particularly like your second photo. Will the tree get any bigger?
Allegedly it can grow to 2.5m, but most seem to be a good bit smaller and it's often grown in containers or even as a true bonsai. I haven't the patience for bonsai, but it will get a tidy up after it's flowered to improve the shape. The autumn colour is supposed to be very good too.

It's got me looking for a Prunus mume for the allotment..

The Sun is out and the cherry's in bloom so it would almost be rude not to!

prunus.jpg

Back