It's Not A Kingfisher.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
Despite a gazillion fly bys from the kingfishers today, flying past the perches put out for them, still no pics from this site. Although a sandpiper did decide to make use of a fallen branch close to the perches.

Not what I set out for but a lot has been learned about this particulalr pair of KFs today. I'll still take this as a consolation, always nice to see.

Sandpiper. by Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great shot Dale, lovely lighting...

Thanks Pete.

You been playing out with Bob? :D

Similar to his, a nice setting, clean BG and the shooting and body angle both spot on

Mike

Bob's bringing his crayons next time so we can make it look like a KF. ;)

No KF pics today but progress is being made. I now know where the nest is so we can rest content knowing we are not disturbing it and staying away. Bob scouted a promising site where these KFs might fish and I've put perches out further up river near where I photographed these ones last year., this has to be the same pair. If this site works, that will be 3 different places I have but very rural river kingfishers like these ones are hard to nail down, pond ones seems a lot easier. We'll get there.

Thanks Mike. (y)

As good as any Kingfisher shot Dale. :)

Cheers Roger, they are lovely birds, not that often seen still like this and in a lovely setting. There were actually 2 about, the second didn't want to play with the perches although it was within sight but on an ugly pipe. This one was near us for a good 2 or 3 minutes.

The flippin kingfishers just kept passing the perches, flying low between them down river, then to the side of them and close to me/Bob on the way back, probably within 8 feet or so. To be honest, I'm just happy to see the KFs, they seem to be doing well and this must be their second brood now. An image would be a bonus.

I have that feeling of Deja Vu (all over again!!) Dale, nice one :)

Russ

Cheers Russ.

Last edited:
Back