Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
"The media is gonna love this one".

Leaf%20on%20Line.jpg

Had the D7000 set at 30 seconds on F36 to avoid that toy-like DoF effect and used a LED torch to light paint the whole thing. The image saved on my PC does look sharp but had lost it's edge on the journey to the internet.

That's another itch scratched, although I might give it another go with more decent lighting as I did have to pull a lot of detail out of the photo while in lightroom.

Ian hi - it's a long, long time since I've been on TP :) Glad to see you're still posting :)

I'm still very much a lurker and only an occasional poster. It's where I'm trying to rekindle the ol' photography mojo again.

Very ironic indeed!

Bachmann class 411 by chance?

Indeed, this came in a box full of model railway stuff I bought off someone via facebook recently. It is based on a BR CIG unit that was commonplace over Southern England in the 50's through to the turn of the millennium. Even with subtle regional variations and cosmetic upgrades, they certainly were old workhorses of units until they were eventually phased out at the tail end of the 2000's but I think there is still one working "heritage" unit serving Lymington.

That's another itch scratched, although I might give it another go with more decent lighting as I did have to pull a lot of detail out of the photo while in lightroom.

I'm still very much a lurker and only an occasional poster. It's where I'm trying to rekindle the ol' photography mojo again.

Indeed, this came in a box full of model railway stuff I bought off someone via facebook recently. It is based on a BR CIG unit that was commonplace over Southern England in the 50's through to the turn of the millennium. Even with subtle regional variations and cosmetic upgrades, they certainly were old workhorses of units until they were eventually phased out at the tail end of the 2000's but I think there is still one working "heritage" unit serving Lymington.

Nice detail on that loco!
I am currently doing a small 6x4 baseboard setup for my son.
My eyes keep getting drawn to those lovely bachmann and heljan locos from the 80's era :LOL:

Nice detail on that loco!
I am currently doing a small 6x4 baseboard setup for my son.
My eyes keep getting drawn to those lovely bachmann and heljan locos from the 80's era :LOL:

I, too, want to revive my love for model railways. I've got most of the stuff needed to make a start on it but then I noticed a slight flaw . . . total lack of space (there is the attic but it's like a blast furnace in the summer and an ice box in the winter).

Hopefully once your project is completed, we'll get to see some pictures of it? :D

Speaking of which, didn't a TP follower start on an ambitious model railway project in the attic, then it all got waylaid?

I, too, want to revive my love for model railways. I've got most of the stuff needed to make a start on it but then I noticed a slight flaw . . . total lack of space (there is the attic but it's like a blast furnace in the summer and an ice box in the winter).

Hopefully once your project is completed, we'll get to see some pictures of it? :D

Yes space is always a premium isn't it.

Here's a test lay of the track on the board
12187717_1660449534197926_616367970315317657_n by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

and this is the first loco I bought my son - Lima class 26 in Railfreight Red Stripe livery. Note the custom name plates :D
12088324_1652448161664730_1669196787465261319_n by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Yes space is always a premium isn't it.

Here's a test lay of the track on the board
12187717_1660449534197926_616367970315317657_n by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

and this is the first loco I bought my son - Lima class 26 in Railfreight Red Stripe livery. Note the custom name plates :D
12088324_1652448161664730_1669196787465261319_n by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

That's actually a neat looking set up all packed within the confines of that space, all ready for the messy part - the landscaping. And yep, the nameplate is a neat touch, I take it they were ordered online?

I for one am glad they stop trains for those leaves now :D

hehehe

Brilliant

Won't be long before BRnetworkrailtrack or whatever it's supposed to be called these days be dealing with "the wrong type of snow" (dry powder snow being sucked into air intake vents and rendering the locomotive inoperable). Unless we get to have another mild snowless winter.

Yes looking forward to landscaping and ballasting :D
Yeah name plates were ordered online. Only a fiver a pair too.

Back