Jack Charlton RIP.

mex

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
One of the greats has departed.

My uncle played football with him in the back streets of Ashington when they were kids.

Not only, a football legend, but a wonderful human being. Touch the lifes, of so many and will be, greatly missed. RIP Jack.

1966, the ones who are still with us - George Cohen 80 - Nobby Stiles 78 - Roger Hunt 81 - Geoff Hurst 78 - Bobby Charlton 82

1966, the ones who are still with us - George Cohen 80 - Nobby Stiles 78 - Roger Hunt 81 - Geoff Hurst 78 - Bobby Charlton 82

And I don't think Nobby is in great shape at the moment.

He was one of the greats - not many people have won the World Cup, League, FA Cup, League Cup and what is now the Europa League!!! He also scored 96 goals which even allowing for the 770 odd games he played for Leeds, is a decent amount for a central defender. And then to take a minnow to the WC quarters...

Sadly I never met him - his wife Pat is my mums cousin (or maybe 2nd cousin) but my mum has met him and he had been round my grandparents house in the 60s/70s a few times. Arrogant my Nan used to say, but as I used to reply to her, when you have won the world cup you have learnt that right!

85 good innings I would be happy wit that, the lord says 3 score and ten else is a bonus

Back