Critique Jade

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Our first kidlet this year,i'm going with jade for thiis one,but doubt i'll have much time to really get to know the little fella. Noticable is the eye colour and hence name,I've got to try and find some time to share more,I have some mad colours in the eyes of the hares we visit. We noticed it last year,in one particular individual,but there seem to be more about than I first thought.

anyway for the mo a little cutie as framed too blummin close one of the few frames I did reasonably ok framing wise

_70F0244Pale eyed lev sm j by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

seeya

stu

We've got to see the little one a couple of times now Jan,have some lovely stuff of it exploring a pheassy feather,bless. I think the late spring and lack of cover made the early born very vunerable Jan which is why we have seen so little this year. Got some lovely stuff with the adults,though and quite a few deer as an aside(roe and Munty,but am struggling get time to process and share,which is a crying shame If this eye thing is as I suspect genetic then we might have Jade's mum or dad aswell,but I have no idea what is really going on,with these eyes. The mammal society UK state that a young hares eyes are dark and lighten with age,but this is certainly not true of the above little chap,have a quick look on my flickr Janny,the next image is Jade with an adult it's no great frame ,but illustrates what i'm seeing perfectly and is basically SOOC so folks know there eyes are represented "au natural"

cheers for the reply:)

stu

Just beautiful mate. I'd wondered about how you were getting on with your hares, thanks for the update.

The framing is fine with me, just enough space in front. (y)

Thank you James

Thank you Dale................................Dale i've got a lot to share,but we've only been able to fit in one weekend in the last month,work levels have been insane,it's taking me most of the weekend to recover,but it will settle a little shortly as we get out of june.. We caught the above on that one weekend along with some adult images i'm fairly chuffed with;) Been playing Roe a bit mate, lazy dive by stuff:D,.

Yeah bro I'm happy enough with this frame and the kidlet's position,but mate I need to be waaaaaaay better at framing up close like this You'ld cry if you saw the other frames all around this image . Ha ha I spend so much time kicking my butt on framing:rolleyes:,it's properly screwing up at the last hurdle,hey ho one day the penny will drop bro. he he DOH:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Tell ya what Dale when this old camera has some light, by god, this " smoky" green ringed lens grabs some detail*,me accepting of course:D . I just wish I could get some hours in mate, I got offered to go and see a ladies Little owls the other day and I ain't got there yet .:(....hey ho new camera wanted silly money head down go get . funny how the nearer one get's the harder the graft becomes.!!

bring it on, :)

stu

It might be framed a little too close Stu...... But its still a cracker.

You are 100 percent right bro.:D ,ahh john i'm laughing as I write, their is a cool irony here............................I wanted this bit more reach with the 400DO from the 300 f2.8 i've grafted me but off made me choice, all good, I tend to pop the ext on as ya do:rolleyes: .....i'm not only grabbing hares they are the focus buuut

So I think I need reach and end up with fluffy things with big ears so close I need WA and can't frame to save me blumming life because they move a mill and i'm scuppered ,bits chopped off.:banghead:

This " bit more reach" was so I could stay back aways and not intrude:whistle: So naturally, the hares mess with me coming toooooooo close,ahh mate it's so cool and so funny.

If I was clever I'd take the ext off right;) and then that munty would be just too far .:banghead:

John I tracked one in to us recently fired alot more frames( I'm usually more cautious with the noise) fella stopped came again eventually so close I just gave up and watched:cool: I do treasure this stuff, we are very lucky to see these things bro !!

While I stumble about trying for an image:oops: :$ , having a wild hare just bumble over and then start feeding yards away ,is silly special. I know we are meant to be image makers bro but sometimes giving up is good

Yup agree too big in frame just needs a tad more to" breath",

blummin cute though !!!

Stu, It does not matter what lens you have on we photographers would find something to complain about, whether what were photographing is too far away or too near, the light is too bright or too dull, the extender, do we want it on or off .... Something would not be right...... If we got it right all the time and all we had to do was roll up and press the shutter button to get the perfect image, we would lose interest pretty quick in my opinion. But every now and then when it all come together it puts all the missed chances at the back of your mind. Just keep snapping and enjoying Stu.

Ay up Stu, long time no speakee,

A cracking frame, yes, a little tight, but it works for me here. Great low POV and I really like the raised paws adding to the action. Superb look at the face, sharpness is bang on. For me I'd add some NR to the greenery on the BG. Light is beautiful.

Keep them coming pal, great to see the stuff you're producing nowadays

Mike

Stu, It does not matter what lens you have on we photographers would find something to complain about, whether what were photographing is too far away or too near, the light is too bright or too dull, the extender, do we want it on or off .... Something would not be right...... If we got it right all the time and all we had to do was roll up and press the shutter button to get the perfect image, we would lose interest pretty quick in my opinion. But every now and then when it all come together it puts all the missed chances at the back of your mind. Just keep snapping and enjoying Stu.

Oh I know mate ,my whole post was me laughing at it all, I also agree completely,thiis needs to be hard,then when we grab something special...it really is SPECIAL.....i WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY. They do mess with me tough I'm sure they know exactly what they are doing:D

Ay up Stu, long time no speakee,

A cracking frame, yes, a little tight, but it works for me here. Great low POV and I really like the raised paws adding to the action. Superb look at the face, sharpness is bang on. For me I'd add some NR to the greenery on the BG. Light is beautiful.

Keep them coming pal, great to see the stuff you're producing nowadays

Mike

'ello mate,sorry bro my bad,got me 'ead down a graftin',no complaints mate,I want expensive tools to play with ,so head down go get I do yearn for more time though,it's getting old at the moment. But yup, my apologies for dropping off the grid a bit, post rate is always going to be the first thing to suffer,but the images are still coming, I just can't get enough time to do much with them at this time

anyway to piccy pic:D I'll look at the NR Mike, I did a pass in DPP and another selectively in PSCC,but obviously have not nailed it,i'll go back cheers kiddo. Buddy,been lovely shooting in a bit more light. Mike slowly it's coming,due in no small part to folks like you. i'm really noticiing now how the images taken when I have this stronger light of the summer differ from the low light I so oft play with. I love my 1Div bro,i'm going to keep her as a second body, for back up and better light shooting. I don't think I was so aware last year as I am now,I guess it's all this honing of the skiils we aquire while learning.......what was acceptable yesterday isn't so much today.;)

Thanks again mate, a slow road this,but I love it :) . Cheers for the VERY kind words Mike,I'm still not there yet,but hey, i'm not done yet either. :banana:

take care

stu

Last edited:
Back