Jaguar Mk2

ejm

Edit My Images
Yes
Got to shoot a Jaguar Mk2 Monday, here are a couple of my favourites :)

1 Jaguar Mk2 engine bay by ejmcarphotography, on Flickr

2 Jaguar Mk2 leaper by ejmcarphotography, on Flickr

3 Jaguar Mk2 Bonnet mascot by ejmcarphotography, on Flickr

4 Jaguar Mk2 by ejmcarphotography, on Flickr

This one i tried to make it look like it was taken back when it was new, didn't really have to edit the others so I was desperate for an excuse to open PS lol

5 Jaguar Mk2 B&W retro by ejmcarphotography, on Flickr

Very nice shots. I loved this car. Someone in the village I grew up in had one..I've done a google and found the colour of it. Opalescent Silver Blue..I've never forgotten it and wanted one but never did of course.Tthe man who owned it said it wasn't a car for teenagers as it accelerated so quickly. He was a farmer. These photos bring back warm memories. I see the odd one about these days.

My dad had the 1937 SS 2.5 Lt with the spare wheel next to the engine .
As a small kid I used to polish the chrome bits each weekend. http://www.jaguarheritage.com/t/collection_004

Reactions: ejm
Thanks Stowfords :)

John that's lovely, glad they bring back fond memories :) ahhhh I know the car, volunteered a bit with the heritage when I did my apprenticeship at jlr, wonderful cars!

My step-father had one in Old English White. He had just had the car back from being restored. If I remember correctly he paid £700 (from Jaguar) just for the paint which was a lot in the early eighties. Anyway after a few days of having the car back he went to start it up and he flooded the engine and we assume, there must have been a spark as the car egnited and we just watched it being destroyed in front of our eyes. There were no mobile phones to use then and by the time the Fire Brigade arrived it had gone. He was gutted as you can imagine.

At the time these cars were fetching great money and some were going for over 30k. He later had the MK10? XJ's etc.......... but that was always his favourite and mine.

Reactions: ejm
Back