Jays fighting

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
AQ4Y1345_zpsy893kpdt.jpg

Good action capture Mark :)

Mark this is a stunning capture the movement frozen and balance to the image is wonderful what techs were you using please?
many thanks

Stu

Absolutely stunning :respect: :jaffa::woot::banana:

I look forward to seeing this on my PC monitor.

PS as per Stu's what was the rig and "setting" (hide or otherwise?)

Mark this is a stunning capture the movement frozen and balance to the image is wonderful what techs were you using please?
many thanks

Stu

F4 1/2500 sec iso 2000, focal length 214mm 200-400mm Canon 1DX

A really striking image!

What a great shot. :cool: Could the image be used as a title-header for the bird forum? :D

That's a great shot Mark! Looks like you were ideally positioned, and they were up for a battle! :)

Just looked at this on my monitor.

It was good on the smartphone but the full sized screen it is even better.

IMO this is worthy of an accolade greater than simply(?) sharing on TP or any other web forum.

When you get it wider known do not forget to post the links.............more congrats will follow.

Reactions: BJP
Stunning!, even the bg compliments the shot (y)

Mark back again to say thank you for the reply and ask another question:the right hand bird has just a slight blur to the tips pf both outstretched wings. At first I thought this was motion blur,but on looking at your techs ,can I ask is this caused by the shallow depth of field you have used please? It really is a remarkable image Mark and you were so close,huge thanks again for sharing this

take care

Stu

Yeah, all been said, it's a stonker!

Thank you for sharing, everything that can be said has already been said. what can I add? I've not seen a display like this, you were so fortunate to witness it let alone capture it.

:agree:

The only question I've not seen asked, is whether or not this was a set-up hide location. This isn't meant to take anything away from the shot - just that you haven't inferred one way or the other and I'm inclined to think that it is, due to the aesthetics of the location and the focal length.

Wow, just wow............

Back