Jelly Belly's

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
First time I've ever used the macro setting on my 70-300, and first time I've ever attempted some sort of studio still life thing.

Took a bunch of shots, not really that happy with any of them, just lacked interest. Thought I'd upload one of them, and see if anyone else likes it!

2228729061_69f5085953.jpg

Feel free to edit, raw can be provided should you need it :)
My studio set up was - 4 sheets of A4 paper and the onboard flash :D

I like it :) It's good for onboard flash, but a single higher, larger light source (perhaps above and to the side) would give the beans some depth and soften the shadows.

Jelly Belly beans are fantastic(y) I'm nibbling some now!

I also wonder about composition - the strip across the focal point could perhaps do well to be parallel to the long edge of the frame. In other words, maybe try landscape?

I can see where you were trying to go with this - I reckon that you want to go lower - closer to the level plane then you can get nice and close - for the light source try near a window even on an overcast day they can provide plenty of light. Oh and try and find some of the brighter beans (unless you've eaten them all :LOL:)

I did one with my 350d and 70-300 APO Clicky Might be a touch over-saturated but it kinda works....

They look almost good enough to eat ... :D

My fave sweet of all time ... ;) ... especially the Sours ... :eek: ... they just can't be beat ... :D

:p

I think I might have shot these top down like pebbles on a beach, nice attempt at a difficult subject I think.

Back