Jelster's Mini Thread

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Apart from photography, I am an avid Mini fanatic (new ones, not classics) and my local owners club are often getting together so I thought I'd start a thread so I can post some of the images I take on a day out.

I'll start with a few from yesterday when 15 of us in 11 cars made the trip to the factory for a tour. Unfortunately there is a no camera or phone rule in the factory itself, so these are a few from when we arrived in the Mini car park...

F56 Mini Cooper S

Oxford-13 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Oxford-9 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

My F56 JCW

Oxford-11 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Oxford-6 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

R57 Convertible

Oxford-7 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

These were all taken on my 6D with a 50mm f1.2L borrowed from a mate of mine. I didn't realise how hard it is to use a lens like this with such a shallow DOF. I'll just add that these are all straight out of camera, shot in RAW, loaded into lightroom and exported to JPG with no additional PP.

Hopefully I'll add some more images as I go...

Last edited:
Very nice MINI's there love the JCW but's nothing wrong with the classics I own 2 classic and a MINI Countryman all of which I love

Indeed Mark, nothing wrong with them at all, just a bit too small for me. But part of me does fancy a late 1275GT though :)

Very true they are small I've done LEJOG in a classic twice last year I was asked by the organisers if I'd take the Countryman oh the comfort and luxury and much better for covering nearly 2000 miles in a week

Here my Countryman and 1999 classic

Looking forward to seeing more of your images.

How did you find the tour I haven't been for a while really should go again

Attachments

• 10369222_10203313911475948_394987009685589664_n.jpg
    10369222_10203313911475948_394987009685589664_n.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 35
Tour was terrific Mark, especially was we noticed a couple of JCW Clubmans being built - with 4WD. They could do with a small coffee shop somewhere though - almost 2 hours of walking around in a hot environment I really needed a drink of some sort.

Oh JCW Clubman where do I sign?? Had a Cooper D clubbie as a loan car when the countryman went in for service, seriously impressive bit of kit really tempted by and an S or SD al4 clubbie hen its time to change but a JCW now that would be perfect

Nice shots, how was the factory tour?
I worked for MINI as a technician for over 5 years up until the end of 2014. I recently took a tour of the Morgan factory and was so impressed I am looking for other tours to do. Think the MINI tour would be appropriate for me.

The tour is quite a good experience. You get about 90 minutes to 2 hours, with time before & after in the "Mini Museum" (believe me, it is mini....) You get to wear a headset so you receive commentary during the tour. Pretty impressive place, especially the body shop. For 15 of us, I think it was £12.00 each, but can't be sure...

Nice. Im another Mini owner. Are you at any of the shows this year? I hope to be at Mega Mini Meet at Lytham and Minis in the Park at Santa Pod this year

I'll be at MITP, Beaulieu, and Brooklands for sure, and I love Brands Hatch Mini festival....

Not sure if I'll be at the Mega Mini Meet yet going to Himley and doing The Legendary Grand Tour of North Devon

Nice pics. Never done the factory tour although fancied it for years. Used to have an R53 JCW and currently have a sedate Countryman Diesel, which is way less fun but far more frugal :D

For balance, I've also had 9 or 10 classics when I was a kid. Buy one run it till it broke, but another swap all the bits that were still working on to the new one and so on :)

Oh and @Downton Mini, your classic is a beauty. I'm sure I've got a photo of it from a Mini meet at Penkridge from a couple of years ago - I'll try and dig it out and post it!

Thanks @wibbly

Yes I've been to all 3 BMS the first year we turned up in 2 classics and were treated like royalty (unlike MINI owners at other shows[emoji35]) less than 2 months later we sold the golf and brought the countryman!

I'm also doing L2B this year in thr countryman not keen on leaving the classic at the tube station on the Saturday

Very smart indeed.

I keep looking at the new Clubman as an option when we change the Countryman may have to wait for the JCW to come on the used market rumoured 300BHP All4 yes please!

So, it's been a while....

The blue JCW 3 door left us in January. We had a trip to Scotland in November and we just found it too small to get the walking gear and all the photography & wildlife spotting kit in the car, so we ordered a Clubman (JCW of course).

This was a couple of days after pick up, and I'd just got the stripes sorted.
Early_stripes by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

We had a trip with my local owners club to the IOW, this was taken by my Wife while having a bit of fun on Military Road.
Clubby1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I've had a guy doing some detailing over the last few days. Here's a few of the Clubby and my Wife's R56 One (which I still think looks great).
Detailing day by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Got a trip with the club to Castle Coombe at the end of the month, and then a few days with them in North Wales in October.

Back