Critique Jeronimos Roof

Why black and white? The roof is a lovely colour.. what do you feel making it black and white achieves?

Sorry, but it's a bit messy. I'm not one of these people who slams everything unless it obeys traditional rules of composition, but this is just messy. You've got edges of buttresses poking in from the sides, it's slightly disorienting and gives no sense of scale, yet is not close enough to show me detail if that's what you intended.

Lots of noise in the shadows speaks of a lot of shadow recovery, so quality isn't that great either.

Not working for me, sorry.

Last edited:
Why black and white? The roof is a lovely colour.. what do you feel making it black and white achieves?

Sorry, but it's a bit messy. I'm not one of these people who slams everything unless it obeys traditional rules of composition, but this is just messy. You've got edges of buttresses poking in from the sides, it's slightly disorienting and gives no sense of scale, yet is not close enough to show me detail if that's what you intended.

Lots of noise in the shadows speaks of a lot of shadow recovery, so quality isn't that great either.

Not working for me, sorry.

It is a lovely colour but black and white for me as i love the shape and apparent complexity of the structure- as a structural engineer just trying to think how it would be built

In terms of the shadow noise, there was some very minor shadow recovery in LR but the main issue was I was at ISO 6400 to get a 1/50th second shot of at f5- no tripods allowed- the grain's in the highlights as well just isn't as obvious.

Appreciate the comments

I like the playful eye that cooks things like that… and the mellow shades of grey!

Back