Jumping spiders on the house

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been looking for the jumping spiders that live on my house walls as the sun has made an apearrance. I was surprised yesterday to find new one and even morse surprised today. These were photgraphed within a few square metres

I think I have seen one of these higher up the house from a window before not close and no chance to photograph. I sadly only had a 1:1 set up fitted so couldnt get very good results.

Jumping spider by Alf Branch, on Flickr

This I have never seen before and it did not stop for me to get a good shot

Little jumper by Alf Branch, on Flickr

This appears to be a Salticus cinulatus that I have shot before

Salticus cinulatus by Alf Branch, on Flickr

This sis the largest/most mature of the ones spotted today

Salticus Scenicus by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Nice :)

I never knew we had different species of jumpers in the UK. I thought it was just the zebra.

I saw a couple on my wall last night. The first one I spooked and it jumped off before I could fire off a shot and the other one I spotted a bit high up and I waited for it to move down but it just kept going higher...considered going to fetch my ladder but didn't!

Very nice it’s got me looking at mine now?
Thanks
Go and find them.
Nice :)

I never knew we had different species of jumpers in the UK. I thought it was just the zebra.

I saw a couple on my wall last night. The first one I spooked and it jumped off before I could fire off a shot and the other one I spotted a bit high up and I waited for it to move down but it just kept going higher...considered going to fetch my ladder but didn't!

There three species of Salticus the two shown here and Zebranaes

Great selection here Alf , #2 looks like a Heliophanus flavipes I have shot before.
Thanks that seems correct to me

http://srs.britishspiders.org.uk/portal.php/p/Summary/s/Heliophanus+flavipes

Last edited:
Lovely finds Alf and yes, Heliophanus sp as stated, look at the yellow things and that`s your starting point.

Lovely finds Alf and yes, Heliophanus sp as stated, look at the yellow things and that`s your starting point.
Thanks Graham

Back