Jupiter Calling

Really nice shot Matt, well framed, perfect exposure, and as usual fine detail.(y)

George.

Nice shot matt, I do feel though that the shot is a tad bright on the mouth parts but thats just a small glitch.
I was gonna have a play and post the change that I thought was imo slightly nicer but I changed my mind :)

Super image. (Great title too.)

It looks good like it is to me, but FWIW here is what it looks like after using Levels to move the grey point a bit to the right and also after moving the black point a bit to the right. Obviously it could be done to a greater or lesser extent (or not at all) depending on taste. (In fact, with the grey point you could move in the opposite direction of course.)

NOT MY IMAGE - mattd85 damselfly
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

Thanks, I see it adds a level of clarity to the damsel but also to the backdrop losing the dreamy white appearance and becomes too contrasting for my tastes :)

I agree Matt... there is enough detail in original think edit loses its pop too.

Superb Matt wonderful background too
I tried to get a shot similar to this yesterday but failed so can appreciate your skill in getting this shot
What sort of magnification did you use ?
I assume that you used flash as well?

Back