Just a couple of recent ones...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
I think you should post more. The more shots like that on the forum, the better!
The bow and fiddle shot is on point! Barely a boring pixel in that one! There's so much going on, it would be a great shot to hang!
Very nice all round!

The first shot is beautiful and I'm so glad the water hasn't been rendered too milky by a ten stop ND filter. It really is a super image although if I am being picky (and I hate to be picky) the horizon is somewhat bowed but that nothing a bit of lens correction can't sort out.

I'd be very happy with this if it was one of mine :)

I really like the first one, it's a scene that's been done to death but I think you've managed to capture some good conditions albeit the castle is a bit lost in the distance

Thanks folks :)

@Nick Livesey Well spotted on the horizon, cheers, I missed that :)

@Big Nick Unfortunately losing the castle in the distance is the joy of shooting ultra wide I guess.....but the sky, light and water demanded it to be so...although it's not too far away compared to other shots I've taken lol :)

Superb. Like the first one best, but would happily hang any of them.

1 has an amazing stormy sky, but it's got to be the no 3 for the best overall balance. It just looks right with appropriate contrast, water movement and the composition.

Last edited:
What a lovely set Martin!
No1 Stunning light! good to see a different take on the usual Bamburgh shots which is refreshing!. I love the contrast from left to right, from the setting sun to the heavy dark purple blue clouds on the right. Great shoreline lead in to the castle and the shutter speed just right, so as not to loose the lovely ripples and eddies in the foreground sea. The light hitting the rock on the left is really special and brings up the fissures and texture in the rock beautifully. Just a tweak on the horizon for perfection;)

No2 Monday was certainly a special day for the light Martin! Beautiful cloud formations with a dash of blue sky, as you said it all came together!
storms always give you those great combinations. The cottage impresses the scale of the Munro's beautifully and love the windy road lead in that almost walks you right up to the Col. Almost heavenly light coming through the clouds, top right...Like the water tumbling down the mountain stream it the foreground. The snow still left on the peaks is the icing on the cake.

No3 Nice B&W conversion, and portrays the great power and energy in the waves, the shutter speed just enough to capture that without overkilling it with fluffy water syndrome;) Love the foreground pebbles and rock, nice textures, Excellent exposure Martin.

No1 for me cracking shot.... "I don't post here enough really" no you don't! I'm sure we'd love to see more(y)

Three lovely images Martin

All three are great Martin but I love the third one - the processing and composition give it a real 3D feel.

Back