just a flower

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
BcnqPXQ.jpg

The image is very flat (two-dimensional). This is mainly to do with a lack of tonal and focal differentiation, which are things that should work in harness to fill a good frame.

It's nothing to do with post processing in this case, it's to do with seeing the light and having an adequate vision before you press the button.

That's the gist of it, but if the highlights here aren't blown they're on the brink, and most serious of all the focus is wrong - it's on the leaves behind the flower when it should be somewhere in the flower's heart.

Let me guess - it was taken with a compact camera? Have you thought about a course, or some sort of mentoring?

The image is very flat (two-dimensional). This is mainly to do with a lack of tonal and focal differentiation, which are things that should work in harness to fill a good frame.

It's nothing to do with post processing in this case, it's to do with seeing the light and having an adequate vision before you press the button.

That's the gist of it, but if the highlights here aren't blown they're on the brink, and most serious of all the focus is wrong - it's on the leaves behind the flower when it should be somewhere in the flower's heart.

Let me guess - it was taken with a compact camera? Have you thought about a course, or some sort of mentoring?

Thank you for your comments

It is not easy getting things spot on when the flower blowing in the wind, or at least I don't find it that easy. your guess is entirely wrong it was taken with a Nikon D810 and a Nikon 50mm f1.4 lens. The background foliage was only inches behind the flower which didn't help

Without being rude it is easy to criticise a photo but not so easy seeing the conditions it was taken under and being there at the time. Remember rules are there to be broken

Taking a course is the death of a photographer, all you are doing is following what has been taught before on previous courses, not an individual style like mine, right or wrong technically. All your great painters pictures are worth millions, what are those who copy worth ? zero. Oh and by the way there are no photographic clubs within miles of where I live so that is a non starter.

Of course I do understand you have your own opinions and rightly so, however as I like the photo that is all that really matters to me, if others like it then it is a bonus

Last edited:
I do like the image. But I would suggest removing the partly opened blossom on the right. My eye, while drawn to the center blossom, still bounces back and forth between the two. Just my tuppence, of course.

Chuck

Back