B&W Just a Street Snap but it made 'Explore' !

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I was out using up a expired Ilford HP5 + in the Minolta Dynax 7000i that the 89 year old Gent gave me. I had not tested it with B&W film before. I did a few 'boring' shots not worth showing then I got this one whilst sitting on a seat in Brentwood High Street ( got a COLD and WET BUM ! ), camera at waist level guessing composition, set to AV , f5.6 with a Sigma Super-Zoom 28-200mm f3.8 -5.6 UC.
I CUT the film and processed 18 frames in my home-made Microphen 1+1 and scanned neg with Epson 165- flatbed + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer and put it into my 'Flickr' page and LO ! and BEHOLD ! Today it was chosen for the 'Flickr Explore' among all the fantastic digital photos ! All grainy on outdated fillum !
Dynax 7000i tests by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Certainly an image with the potential for a number of stories to be associated with it.
Gritty, grainy and lots to see around the image.
For me, just a fraction later would have got all 3 characters in shot without the fence clipping the edge.
Nonetheless, great work with outdated film!

Certainly an image with the potential for a number of stories to be associated with it.

I agree, all sorts of angles that would make this photo different/interesting enough to produce a following. :)

I took it hoping they had not heard the Camera Shutter go off as they all had rather 'Large Muscles' ----

Back