Just about the best things

Tringa

Numpty of the Day'
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
What things/devices/bits of kit do you think are just brilliant?

Here are a few of mine -

The Workmate. Until I bought one I couldn't believe how much time I had spent p*** farting about trying to cut/drill etc wood that was balanced on a couple of chairs or a rickety table.

An Angle Grinder. A superbly useful device. It can cut/smooth/clean/trim almost any metal and wood.

A 30cm straight sided non stick frying pan. Great for making sauces that need a gentle reducing but also for many other cooking needs.

Excel. Just about one of the best bits of software going.

Dave

a 18inch long shoe horn for a fiver, never have to bend again putting shoes on, other best thing ...the wife:exit:

The Workmate
Actually funny you should say that my B&D workmate died sometime back, and I was fed up with ...
farting about trying to cut/drill etc wood that was balanced on a couple of chairs or a rickety table.
I went to buy another and then found the Keter fold able work station, Pretty much the best thing since sliced bread (y)
(and cheaper at CostCo - on line, you don't have to be a member either)

Can't argue with that either :)

Electric hedge trimmer, & chain saw, you can't beat a bit of slash and burn gardening :)

That Keter table looks like a Boston Dynamics prototype...
I must say I prefer petrol hedge trimmers; the cable on the 'leccy ones is almost magically attracted to the sharp end. chainsaw1.gif

Electric sander is one of my favourite tools, makes jobs that can take hours by hand into minutes.

Angle grinder is a good call!

Kindle classic.

Karcher window cleaner, Karcher pressure washer.

Power Planer

It was a godsend when I had to reduce the height of a door to clear new flooring :)

Opinel knives, now with lock closed collar.

Opinel knives, now with lock closed collar.

Opinel make excellent knives, but isn't the locking collar a bit of an issue for EDC? Most of my knives are lock blades, but I don't carry them routinely in the UK. South Africa doesn't give a damn what you carry...

Opinel make excellent knives, but isn't the locking collar a bit of an issue for EDC? Most of my knives are lock blades, but I don't carry them routinely in the UK. South Africa doesn't give a damn what you carry...
OT, I am no expert on knife laws but I have seen opinions that the Opinel collar does not qualify as a lock. I would be interested to read any evidence of the illegality of safety knives (as I call them ;-) ) as opposed to assertions that they are illegal.

The Opinel collar only counts as a lock if it's turned to lock the blade.

24" metal shoehorn just to one'up Frank, brilliant bit of kit.

My leatherman, use it every day.
Every single tool I own, I love them all long time.

The cheap wet-stone that keeps my Henckels 4* knives sharp (much prefer them to Global). Still going sharp after 14 years.

My new Filson 24hr Tin Cloth bag. Obscene amount of money (IMO) for a manbag but the last I will ever buy.

And as good things come in threes (or fours)...

The bread basket and the cheap round ceramic Dutch Oven that means I can make amazing round loaves with thick crust.

Last edited:
Actually funny you should say that my B&D workmate died sometime back, and I was fed up with ...

I went to buy another and then found the Keter fold able work station, Pretty much the best thing since sliced bread (y)
(and cheaper at CostCo - on line, you don't have to be a member either)

Yeah Screwfix were doing a decent knock off of that at about 40 quid for a while. I wish I'd bought 2.

Last edited:
Yeah Screwfix were doing a decent knock off of that at about 40 quid for a while. I wish I'd bought 2.
I saw that while I was looking and I was in 2 minds TBH..
In the end I paid £59.99 for the the kelter "extendible"

a 18inch long shoe horn for a fiver, never have to bend again putting shoes on, other best thing ...the wife:exit:

I made one out of a an old piece of 68mm gutter downpipe (y)

impact wrench is one of my favourite tools
if you service repair your own vehicles there essential for getting things undone
always tighten things back up by hand though, don't trust em for that job

cordless drill / driver makes my life a lot easier for anything that involves a screw or a hole ( awaits comments :) )

The gardeners phone. Him having a phone makes tidying the garden so much easier.
And the prize for the most original post in thread so far, goes to ......
:D

Back